Running

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Drizak
Peon
Peon

Running

Post by Drizak »

Hi people, i was thinking it for a while...

In TMW, only 3 of 10 skills are used, but i think another skill to do, Run.
(if is possible)

What you say about this?
Image Drizak
andyms
Peon
Peon

Re: Running

Post by andyms »

Cool! I like it.

Andyms..............
Andyms.-.
Learning pixel art. LOL
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

It is not possible at the moment. We're evaluating wether to add it to tmwserv
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

"technically impossible" is engineers jargon and can roughly be translated as "maybe there is a way to solve the problem, but it is way too boring and pointless to deal with it" :D

OK, let's be serious. There won't be any major changes to the game mechanics on the current server because we concentrate on developing a new server and when this is finished all changes at the current server would go to the trash bin anyway. So you won't see any new skills on the current server.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Drizak
Peon
Peon

Post by Drizak »

This new server mean no more rares?
Image Drizak
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Please read [The New Server FAQ] for any questions regarding the new server.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

Crush wrote:OK, let's be serious. There won't be any major changes to the game mechanics on the current server because we concentrate on developing a new server and when this is finished all changes at the current server would go to the trash bin anyway. So you won't see any new skills on the current server.
:| What about some of the skills that eAthena has built into its software?

Also, I know people who have modded their clients to walk faster... a new animation wouldn't be necessary. Couldn't someone easily make a patch to toggle fast walk and normal walk?

I know working on the current servers mechanics is frowned upon, but both of these ideas sound (to me) like very simple additions that anyone with some coding experience could do... it wouldn't have to be delegated to the TMWserv team. Are you saying if someone submitted new skills they'd be shot down on principle?
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I think it's pretty clear that the eAthena server software just isn't suited for TMW -- actually, I would use TMW's current server over eAthena any day (in fact, I am! :D ).

But anyway, the point is that asking for features and improvements to the current publicly available client/server binaries is pointless. It's all going to be thrown away as it is.

Once TMWSERV comes out of pre-alpha development, we should all see a major improvement to what the current server offers. I can tell you this first hand because I'm running an instance of the latest tmwserv SVN code and, while it still needs some work before a public alpha can really be effectively offered, it's quite effective.

Bottom line is, be patient.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

leeor_net wrote:I think it's pretty clear that the eAthena server software just isn't suited for TMW -- actually, I would use TMW's current server over eAthena any day (in fact, I am! :D ).

But anyway, the point is that asking for features and improvements to the current publicly available client/server binaries is pointless. It's all going to be thrown away as it is.

Once TMWSERV comes out of pre-alpha development, we should all see a major improvement to what the current server offers. I can tell you this first hand because I'm running an instance of the latest tmwserv SVN code and, while it still needs some work before a public alpha can really be effectively offered, it's quite effective.

Bottom line is, be patient.
I think "major improvement" is an understatement (and if I have my way it will not only play better but look nicer too)
Pixel Battalion
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Perhaps "profound difference" would be more appropriate? :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

"major improvement" .. "profound difference"
If you're comparing the overall quality of the current, eAthena-powered junkheap and the future, TMWserv-powered work-of-art, I'm pretty sure both descriptions will be adequate. 8) Even if running isn't included, though I really hope it will be.