Mountain Pass

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: Mountain Pass

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote:
MerlinX420 wrote:Too bad I can't use TMX copy!
Too bad I can not help you with that as long as you refuse to describe what your problem is.
Lack of a Linux Version,and lack of a windows machine. It's really superficial, I believe the PEBKAC. Not with TMXCopy. I was must have been doing something wrong. I guess I could use my sisters computer if I need to try and copy a file with tmxcopy. If I get the current maps done and move west I'll try again and if I have a problem I'll let you know so you can help me. It's not a big issues just a little something that could speed me up making new maps.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

jaxad0127 wrote:
MerlinX420 wrote:okay...what about all the caves in that map? I noticed alot of cave entrances. Do you plan on making caves for those also?
For the caves, I'm going to do the eastern most three (the ones east of the one with the warning sign out front). The others are up for grabs.
MerlinX420 wrote:I noticed the changes you made and I can accommodate those no problem. There isn't too much that I would have to change
You can use either version (yours or mine), I don't care.
Perhaps you could help me with this problem.. See the other post about map 9.
Thank You,
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I've uploaded a new version of the map in the first post. I don't know what to do with the very northern part. It will be the forest on the other side of the pass. If anyone's willing to take it up, go ahead, I'll change this map as needed. I'm going to start on the south eastern caves and the map to the west.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I like the new map so far... but I think the roads are far to straight and clean. They make the map somewhat boring and bland.

Here's an image from a map I've built with a road. The road feels more natural. It definitly takes much more time to put together but I think the results give a less synthetic feel:

- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

leeor_net wrote:I like the new map so far... but I think the roads are far to straight and clean. They make the map somewhat boring and bland.

Here's an image from a map I've built with a road. The road feels more natural. It definitly takes much more time to put together but I think the results give a less synthetic feel:

I made it straight so it'd have that "cut out of the mountain" feel to it.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Actually, I see exactly what you mean. I didn't see that at first.

I do think there are a few paths that could use a more 'curvy' feel but that's just my humble opinion.

Regardless, nice work! :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

leeor_net wrote:Actually, I see exactly what you mean. I didn't see that at first.

I do think there are a few paths that could use a more 'curvy' feel but that's just my humble opinion.

Regardless, nice work! :)
Yes. I'm still going to do some touch up (like that).