What's an MMO...

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Redshrike
Peon
Peon

What's an MMO...

Post by Redshrike »

...without giant flesh-eating beetles?
I dunno if the style or format is right, but the first pose is standing, next two are walking, and then the next three in a row are attacking.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: What's an MMO...

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Have a look at the existing monster sheets to see what is needed. Also, it needs to be on a grid.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The only sprite that is missing is the dead sprite. Animations can have any number of frames.

The coloration is a bit boring, but this can be fixed easily.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Looks cool. It would be cool to see it animated tough.
gorcho
Peon
Peon

Post by gorcho »

it looks good... i'd like to make monsters like that, i wonder if u can recommend me a software for Mac to do sprites like that and maybe a tutorial :roll:
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Well, it goes without saying that Adobe Photoshop for Mac would definately do a good job, but for those who do not have such deep pockets, there is a program called Pixen which is not full of fancy features, but it will give you enough tools to pixel anything for TMW. The Gimp is another program available for Mac that is free and can be used for pixel art.
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Looks cool. It would be cool to see it animated tough.
Crush wrote:The only sprite that is missing is the dead sprite. Animations can have any number of frames.

The coloration is a bit boring, but this can be fixed easily.

hehe =)

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Crush wrote:The only sprite that is missing is the dead sprite.
Something like this?
gorcho
Peon
Peon

Post by gorcho »

EJlol wrote:
Crush wrote:The only sprite that is missing is the dead sprite.
Something like this?
why dont u try making a dead sprite with the bug upside down... damn bugs always die like that...
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

because I got the feeling its ripped. So I didnt wanted to waste to much time on it. :P
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

EJlol wrote:because I got the feeling its ripped. So I didnt wanted to waste to much time on it. :P
Only because his post count is 1 and we didn't see the different stages of development (but lets not accuse him of anything yet)

I don't like the idea of such a small beetle being called giant anyway and I would like to see someone reinvent what a beetle is...

heres a very very crappy example that I put together really quickly from an older concept
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Yes, everything with "Giant" in the name should be at least larger than a player character.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

Len wrote:heres a very very crappy example that I put together really quickly from an older concept
(Noticed you edited it to add a second, larger "very") Don't beat yourself up--no, it's not Saphy's trees good--but it's actually not too bad at all. Looks like something you'd see on Graal back in the day.

Just trying to encourage you to finish the job and get us a real giant beetle. :D
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

The perspective is a bit off. Mostly just the side views. It's a 45 degree angle straight down, whereas this looks more like 25-30 degree. Other than that, it's quite nice. :)

In other words: make the side views taller, that way it looks more like you are looking down on it, rather than from the side.