i want to help out with some music

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

f0rce
Peon
Peon

i want to help out with some music

Post by f0rce »

hello ppl!

im an "musician" from germany and i would like to give you some music for tmw.

first of all, some of the stuff im doing.

http://www.myspace.com/seelenernte
http://www.youtube.com/user/Leichenfaeule

i made an midi for tmw, maybe for a castle or something - but it sounds very "midi", didn't knew that you can add ogg files :)

well, if you have some requests let me know. i would be pleased to help out.

ps: i hope you understand my english. i know it sucks, haven't used it for a long while :x

*edit*
just rename the dark.mid.zip into dark.mid ^^
Attachments
dark.mid.zip
here you go !
(27.02 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: i want to help out with some music

Post by i »

1. At 00:55 - fast beat - it is IMO too characteristic
2. It doesn't loop
3. It could be very nice music.

Personally I think you should work a bit longer on it. It's nice attempt to make music for dungeon, castle, arena but it isn't ready.

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Hi f0rce :)

I like the way this starts, like i ('i' as in the other guy, not me lol) said, the double time drum beat at 54secs in would work better in a scripted scene where something actually happens - in an online MMORPG like this... it's a little detracting. The pacing is spot on for the rest of it though...

What software do you use at the moment to compose? Are you on PC or Mac? If you have a creative card, a good start would be to learn about using soundfonts :) (they're a vast improvement over MIDI!)

Also, if you bounce each MIDI track to audio tracks you can use many effects and EQ to make it sound better. Bear in mind, if you do this... once you record a MIDI track to an audio, you won't be able to edit it, so keep those MIDI tracks in, just silence them... (sorry if this sounds like I'm telling you basic stuff you already know, I'm not sure how much technical experience you have or what software you're running at the moment...?)
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

sorry for offtopic.
dariunas wrote:'i' as in the other guy, not me lol
i -> iru -> irukard
I'm just too lazy to write full nickname ;) Anyway you could always bold nickname