Magic Skill Icons

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Black Don
Knight
Knight

Re: Magic Skill Icons

Post by Black Don »

feline monstrosity wrote:I actually prefer Othello's version. It's more "iconic" in that it's simpler and more instantly recognisable as lightning. I do think that it could lose the black outline around the lightning bolt though.
First Othello did both icons. Now that we have cleared that up I would like to ask this. What is it about the first Icon that is not "Iconic"? If it is not instantly recognizable what the heck did you think it was at first? I think people are starting to nit-pick this death. The original was fine I think we are starting to over think this to much.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Just ignore the nitpickery alongside with most of the commentary and present a complete set to which the key people can either give a stamp of approval or eternal damnation.
This message used to be meaningful.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Black Don wrote:First Othello did both icons.
*Ahem* My mistake. :oops:
The point I was trying to make was the simpler the icons are the better. But point taken about nitpicking, it appears I'm a minority anyway.
~Feline Monstrosity