Slave chains

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

zeeli
Peon
Peon

Slave chains

Post by zeeli »

Hi.

I made slave/prisoner/fetish chains to be worn. It has a leather strap around the neck, metal braces around wrists and chain wrapped through them.

Constructive criticism is more than welcome, as I am just starting to learn pixeling.

Regards,
zEeLi
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Slave chains

Post by Crush »

I think this is a really interesting idea. But I think the real challenge will be to animate it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

zeeli wrote:Hi.

I made slave/prisoner/fetish chains to be worn. It has a leather strap around the neck, metal braces around wrists and chain wrapped through them.

Constructive criticism is more than welcome, as I am just starting to learn pixeling.

Regards,
zEeLi
yeah very good idea, XD for banned player's ^^

^^ Fun Fun Fun XXD

and here is big

:D
zeeli
Peon
Peon

Post by zeeli »

Crush wrote:I think this is a really interesting idea. But I think the real challenge will be to animate it.
We'll see how that goes. I definitely give it a shot.

I thought that if there ever will be layer for boots/shoes, I also could make ankle chains.

Regards,
zEeLi
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

zeeli wrote:
Crush wrote:I think this is a really interesting idea. But I think the real challenge will be to animate it.
We'll see how that goes. I definitely give it a shot.

I thought that if there ever will be layer for boots/shoes, I also could make ankle chains.

Regards,
zEeLi
so ?
zeeli
Peon
Peon

Post by zeeli »

Strump wrote: so ?
It looks good, but I think a giant iron ball would be pretty impractical to walk with(not that chains around your ankles would be comfortable, but still) :?
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

zeeli wrote:
Strump wrote: so ?
It looks good, but I think a giant iron ball would be pretty impractical to walk with(not that chains around your ankles would be comfortable, but still) :?
thx :P

Okey the comfortable is not good XD.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

anklets could be considered pants layers too :)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

yes ?, wow thx ;).

we see mornig i muss go sleep i have mornig school XD

can eathea see the items ?
zeeli
Peon
Peon

Post by zeeli »

I tried animating with gimp.

Btw, how can I make the other frames invisible in each frame of the animation?

Regards,
zEeLi
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

zeeli wrote:I tried animating with gimp.

Regards,
zEeLi
I just bucket fill a solid colour around the sprite on each frame to loose the transparency :)

I have a question If we put this on the hat layer would it be able to go over top of the shirts?

Edit: no wait never mind that would not work on a rear view with anyone using long hair but just a thought :)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Nyxl
Peon
Peon

Post by Nyxl »

Change the frame-transition beneath the animation-interval from "I don't care" to "one frame per layer (replace)" (or something like that)
From what I can see it looks nice, but I think the chains are moving too much when walking.

Greets :)
zeeli
Peon
Peon

Post by zeeli »

Nyxl wrote: Change the frame-transition beneath the animation-interval from "I don't care" to "one frame per layer (replace)" (or something like that)
Black Don wrote: I just bucket fill a solid colour around the sprite on each frame to loose the transparency :)
Thanks for the help, I just put some background color like Don suggested.

Updated:

Nyxl wrote: From what I can see it looks nice, but I think the chains are moving too much when walking.
Yep, It definitely moves too much. Thanks for the input.

Regards,
zEeLi
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I don't think the chains move too much, since they would have to be loose enough to fight with. But if you aren't able to fight with them on, then they are too loose. =\

Anyhow, I think it looks good.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
zeeli
Peon
Peon

Post by zeeli »

Superkoop wrote:I don't think the chains move too much, since they would have to be loose enough to fight with. But if you aren't able to fight with them on, then they are too loose. =\

Anyhow, I think it looks good.
Thanks! I thought of what you said and it is quite true. It has to be loose enough to enable fighting.

Now I just have to draw the rest of the chains on 3 different angles.