`Ignore' interface

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

What should the system display for ignored players who try to talk to you?

Nothing at all (I don't even want to know that they are talking)
24%
Some visual cue, but no floating text
9%
Some fake floating text, such as `...', over their head
24%
A special icon floating over their head
32%
Something completely different (please explain)
No votes
I want to decide this individually for each ignored player
12%

Total votes: 34
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Re: `Ignore' interface

Post by Black Don »

empty word balloon revised with faint outline ;)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Don,

this looks very nice in practice. I added a variant that has `...' written within the bubble to the text, and I expect that I will use that as a default (since that's the second most popular poll option ;-)

I still think that the outline for the ignore bubble could be stronger, though. If it's not too much trouble, could you revise that, please?

Thanks again :-)
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

darken and added anti-aliasing to thicken line :)

Was not sure if you wanted the "..." in it
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad