icons instead of buttons

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Habari
Novice
Novice

icons instead of buttons

Post by Habari »

i propose using small icons instead of the ugly Grey square buttons , here is a fast sketch if made:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: icons instead of buttons

Post by Crush »

Using icons instead of the current textbuttons would be a good idea, in my opinion. Maybe Othello would like to create some when he is finished with the skill icons.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I like the idea too.
But, I think there should be an option for having just small text buttons, since sometimes I prefer to have fewer graphical buttons, and more just text buttons.
But that wouldn't be too much of an issue if the buttons were still the same size and didn't take up anymore space. =)

And it would be great if Othello did them, he's doing such a good job on the element icons it would be great if he could make these too! :)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I like the idea to have an option somewhere, to select between icons and plain text. The interface should be as customizable as reasonably possible.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Actually I often find it quite frustrating when you can't tell what each button does and you don't know them off by heart and you have to laboriously hover your mouse over each button to read the text until you find the one you want. It's much easier having text. But I wouldn't mind if you could switch between the two and when you get used to what each button does it becomes much easier.
~Feline Monstrosity
Othello
Novice
Novice

Post by Othello »

I'm alright with making icons for the user interface. We'll have to see which icons need to be made first. I can imagine we migth need to have more. Create a consistent look and feel throughout the game screens.
"I'm a Mog, half man, half dog... I'm my own best friend!" - Barf

My blog