Savior's Plate and more.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Savior's Plate and more.

Post by Crush »

There might also be other pants sprites which exceed the normal size of a characters legs.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

alright so i will shorten the cape, i need to redo it all anyway this was my first project and im not pixel artist yet, just picked this stuff up.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Black Don wrote:I like the armor and the cape (animation issues aside). Now as for the issue of flash over practicality, Its a computer game flash wins. :P As a good example I will use Saphy's gold plate mail armor. In RL you will not find any armor that has got a lot of sliding plates over the abs. Most Armor was a solid single piece of armor that protects from shoulders to waits that looked much like the light plate mail all ready in game. Sliding plates were impractical because they could get knock off in the scrums leaving large holes in the armor which is a huge problem. If someone was going for flexibility over defense they were better server wearing chain mail anyway. Now that being said the sliding plates over the abs on Saphy's armor looks cool. Thus it will be fun to wear even thou in RL it wold be impractical. In game people don't trip on long robs or have there caps stepped on by others, unless you want to make those animations. :P
There were no sliding panels. O_O It is decoration only.

The only movable part is the shoulder.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Saphy wrote:
Black Don wrote:I like the armor and the cape (animation issues aside). Now as for the issue of flash over practicality, Its a computer game flash wins. :P As a good example I will use Saphy's gold plate mail armor. In RL you will not find any armor that has got a lot of sliding plates over the abs. Most Armor was a solid single piece of armor that protects from shoulders to waits that looked much like the light plate mail all ready in game. Sliding plates were impractical because they could get knock off in the scrums leaving large holes in the armor which is a huge problem. If someone was going for flexibility over defense they were better server wearing chain mail anyway. Now that being said the sliding plates over the abs on Saphy's armor looks cool. Thus it will be fun to wear even thou in RL it wold be impractical. In game people don't trip on long robs or have there caps stepped on by others, unless you want to make those animations. :P
There were no sliding panels. O_O It is decoration only.

The only movable part is the shoulder.
Your depiction shows clearly layered panels over layer panel making a cool looking effect on the armor but again it was a comment on the practicality of making armor like that in RL since you were saying how long blowy robes and caps were impractical. So to sum things up nice and clear my point is it does not mater how practical or life like armor (or weapons for that matter) are. What matters is it looks good. :D
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad