Elegant Item Set

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Elegant Item Set

Post by Slave »

alright, so i was thinking something like, the male player has it he has the Elegant suit, but if its traded to a female it turns into Elegant Dress. what do you guys think of the idea and the outfits?

these are luxurious rich people clothes.
Attachments
ElegantDress.png
ElegantDress.png (70.49 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
Elegant suit.png
Elegant suit.png (58.67 KiB) Viewed 3624 times
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Dawn
Novice
Novice

Re: Elegant Item Set

Post by Dawn »

Wow! the dress is very nice and deferentially looks rich :)
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

<3 thanks, any critiques?
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

The suit looks nice.

As for the dress, can you put it on top of the player sprite so that everyone can see how it would look on character? By regardlessly, I personally don't like the colour scheme... yellow on magenta?

A more reasonable combination would be with white:

ImageImageImage

You can see this site for some examples on styles and colour scheme:
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/th ... Categories

Such as:
ImageImage

In the mean time, I am waiting for the unlimited possibility of that dress on a male character. Men with padded breasts. XD
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

well purple and "magenta" as you called it is a sine of wealth in alot of cultures, especially old english, purple is the royal color and the gold gives it a shine. when you takeaway these colors you loose the entire feel of the dress and it just becomes decorated. these are my thoughts anywy thanks for your critique.

any critiques on the male suit?
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:well purple and "magenta" as you called it is a sine of wealth in alot of cultures, especially old english, purple is the royal color and the gold gives it a shine. when you takeaway these colors you loose the entire feel of the dress and it just becomes decorated. these are my thoughts anywy thanks for your critique.

any critiques on the male suit?
But that is magenta, not purple O_O

There is also no such thing as golden lace as far as I can tell. Perhaps you can add some jewels and accessory instead?
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

lol meant gold and magenta but hatever. anyway no one else has had a problem with anything adn im not going to change it on the personal preferences of a single individual.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:lol meant gold and magenta but hatever. anyway no one else has had a problem with anything adn im not going to change it on the personal preferences of a single individual.
Wait for more comments. I think we are the only ones online. :D

But you really think that colour is fine? Why magenta instead of purple? Well, we are from different culture and different set of value and taste... I just think clothing shouldn't be more saturated than the player.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

purple is a basic color, im not into basic im into flair and excitement, and strange designs =] its how i am
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I think the colors on the dress look fine as is, but I'm a guy so I don't know much about dresses. =P

And the male suit looks really nice!

The only critique would be that the embroidery looks like it would need some shading, right now the lines look like they are just drawn on top, rather than part of the clothes. But your not finished with the set yet so not a big deal. =)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Purple? Magenta? How about pink? Or maybe Fuchsia? Violet? Orchid? And what about Cerise?

Not that it really matters. On the long run all items are supposed to be recolored dynamically. Thus it is much more important to focus on the pixels instead of the colors.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:purple is a basic color, im not into basic im into flair and excitement, and strange designs =] its how i am
Sorry, I meant the purple in X11 (i.e. #A020F0) or the medium purple in X11 (#9370DB).

And yes, it doesn't really matter since it can be recoloured.

Crush, is it possible to recolour the lace and the fabric with different colour, or will the recolouring be limited to a single hue?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Saphy wrote:Crush, is it possible to recolour the lace and the fabric with different colour, or will the recolouring be limited to a single hue?
Yes. Magenta and yellow are two of the colors thar can be recolored (as long as they're pure). These are good choices.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

having recolored versions ruines the idea. if you want different colored dresses why not just make new dresses if we have different colors of every item its boring. i dont like the idea
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:having recolored versions ruines the idea. if you want different colored dresses why not just make new dresses if we have different colors of every item its boring. i dont like the idea
Because of customization. For indeed, I wouldn't wear that colour in real life even if someone pay me to do so. And it also make sense. When you go into a shop for dress, don't they have different colour, because not everyone like pink?

For armour, it may be a little weird, but for clothes, it really makes sense.