commandhandler

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Rodge
Peon
Peon

commandhandler

Post by Rodge »

Hey, I can't post on the mailing lists for some reason, so i just put what i was going to say on the wiki http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... andhandler. Those're the diffs of what i've been working on so far, i'd just like some critique before I commit them.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Re: commandhandler

Post by trapdoor »

Was there any specific reason for breaking the guild system?

I know removing its ability to see what guild members are online doesnt make the client crash, but it was a very useful feature.

--
trapdoor
Rodge
Peon
Peon

Post by Rodge »

You were using CPMSG_LIST_CHANNELUSERS_RESPONSE to see if people're online in a guild, and not for actually listing players in any channel for the user. I thought it would be better to keep the channel specific messages dealing with channel stuff, and then have a guild specific packet for that, or change other existing ones like CPMSG_GUILD_GET_MEMBERS_RESPONSE and CPMSG_GUILD_UPDATE_LIST to also say if a player is online.

I see what you were going for now though (if someone is online in the guild channel, they must be online), and i could just add that back, and use channel events to keep track of when users go on and offline? The reason I didn't think it was that important for now was because since we moved to guichan's tabs, the guild member list has been completely broken, it doesn't display anything. So in fact, users dont have the ability to see what guild members are online, heh (well, they can /listusers after this is commited anyway). Sorry I didn't make a bug about it though.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Rodge wrote:Hey, I can't post on the mailing lists for some reason
Note that the mailing list rejects messages from addresses which haven't subscribed to it to avoid spam mails.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rodge
Peon
Peon

Post by Rodge »

Crush wrote:
Rodge wrote:Hey, I can't post on the mailing lists for some reason
Note that the mailing list rejects messages from addresses which haven't subscribed to it to avoid spam mails.
I know, but I am registered, and I've posted before (and you replied to one of those, remember?). I've no idea what's going on with that, but its not exactly a heavy traffic list anyways, so might as well use the forum, heheh.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

Rodge wrote:You were using CPMSG_LIST_CHANNELUSERS_RESPONSE to see if people're online in a guild, and not for actually listing players in any channel for the user. I thought it would be better to keep the channel specific messages dealing with channel stuff, and then have a guild specific packet for that, or change other existing ones like CPMSG_GUILD_GET_MEMBERS_RESPONSE and CPMSG_GUILD_UPDATE_LIST to also say if a player is online.

I see what you were going for now though (if someone is online in the guild channel, they must be online), and i could just add that back, and use channel events to keep track of when users go on and offline? The reason I didn't think it was that important for now was because since we moved to guichan's tabs, the guild member list has been completely broken, it doesn't display anything. So in fact, users dont have the ability to see what guild members are online, heh (well, they can /listusers after this is commited anyway). Sorry I didn't make a bug about it though.
I was thinking about it after, and it probably easier just to add a bool to CPMSG_GUILD_GET_MEMBERS_RESPONSE rather than use the CPMSG_LIST_CHANNELUSERS_RESPONSE.

I was unaware the guild member list was broken, I will look into fixing it (and will use a guild msg to check for online users).

--
trapdoor