Question about graphics

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Question about graphics

Post by Red Lord »

Is it possible to create more hair colours. I don't know why, but Blacklord would like a black hair colour.
Formerly Blacklord
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Question about graphics

Post by Dr Wahl »

Blacklord wrote:I don't know why, but Blacklord would like a black hair colour.
I'm not sure why Blacklord would like black hair either, but maybe we should ask him.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I am not sure if the number of hairstyles is hardcoded on eAthena or not. When it isn't it is no problem to add more haircolors.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Crush,

checking pc.c, I can't find any indications of hair colour being limited on the server side-- but it is hardwired on the client side (being.cpp, being.h), as are hair styles. Any objections to extracting this data into an xml file to permit dynamic updating? That way we can also merge the male/female hair styles eventually (once support for releases older than the current one is dropped).

-- fate