1st Draft

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

KidC
Peon
Peon

1st Draft

Post by KidC »

I did a 1st draft for the 4th map on the map list. It looked like the most fun to do. I might fill some more things in later or make it more defined - I wanted to see the general reaction 1st. Also layer 1 has a magic cutoff point and I cant make new tiles to the right of it. Help!

http://zenithrpg.freehostia.com Under picture forest :|
Last edited by KidC on 25 Jun 2008, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Re: 1st Draft

Post by Red Lord »

Broken Link. I think this one has been done, not sure though. Don't stop though, I am sure whoever the gm's think is better they will probably put in.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=4403
Formerly Blacklord
KidC
Peon
Peon

Post by KidC »

Nah its surrounded by water :-P Edit: Link should be working
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

KidC wrote:I wanted to see the general reaction 1st.

Hahahahaha :lol:

keep up the good work, hehe =)

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

KidC, before you get involved in map development you should:

1. get an overview over what others are currently doing (there is already someone who wants to do that map and the map north of it has also been done and yours doesn't fit because it has a road to the north.

2. read the mapping guidelines (hint: you forgot the border area)

3. read the instructions for the map you want to do properly ("The water area at the western border of map 14-1.tmx should be filled.")
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.