I'm interested.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tumbak
Peon
Peon

I'm interested.

Post by tumbak »

hello all,
just followed a post by Skull i think http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
and im quite interested in joining u guys, well, Ive been writing C code for about 7 years now, did some OpenGL stuff and worked with SDL library http://www.libsdl.org/index.php .
hope to hear from u soon :D
p.s, I work only with linux, its my desktop, but I do have windows 2003 at home so I can help with the windows version too although I hate developing under windows!
A.K.A /dev/null
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Welcome dear tumbak :D Every help is very useful!
Do you prefer linux? No problem you can do whatever you want, but I think it's better if you talk with Sull who is the Linux version manager.
I have to say that if you contribute with linux version you also contribute with win32 because the 99% of the code is the same. If I'm not wrong Linux version has some more headers to translate some win32 specific commands.

Hope you enjoy! :P
tumbak
Peon
Peon

Post by tumbak »

i was just going through the forums and noticed that u r guys are quite active, I think im gonna need a week or to to understand everything going on, I have exams this week so I wont be able to do much, but afterwards I have quite some free time.
I also noticed that u r using the SDL library for sounds and such, its available to linux and so we might not need alot of work to keep the windows and linux version flowing together.
I wish to say something about the license, I believe GPL is the best for such projects, you might also consider LGPL or even BSD license.
I'll be downloading the source now and have a look at it later tonight, I hope to get to know u guys more so we can increase our productivity, u can add me to ur MSN if u use it: tumbak@hotmail.com
hope to hear from u soon guys :D
A.K.A /dev/null
natsuki
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki »

welcome^^

this will help out really alot

linux code is not much different from win32 since its not the api used all are mostly cross-platform code so that wouldnt be problem

seems you much interested in linux, now tmw can also be made easily for linux^^
^^いつも笑顔でもっとよろこび。。^^
-- shimokawa natsuki --