Cave beneath Hurnscald

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Cave beneath Hurnscald

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Click for larger image

The final map will be wider than this.

Links:
  1. Mines north of Hurnscald
  2. Hurnscald inn/tavern basement
  3. PVP area
  4. Desert mines (treasure level, via another cave)
Map file
The rest of the map won't be as busy as the upper right.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Re: Cave beneath Hurnscald

Post by Ces »

General mapping thought
As quite a few of the ground-level maps have underground maps, perhaps some of them could be connected? That is, walking from point A to point B could then mean walking above ground, or walking below ground part or whole of the way. :D

The thought above with regard to this map
Perhaps a passage could lead to Dimond's Cove... (With some history of why they are connected.)

This map
The map looks enjoyable so far! :) Though I personally dislike anything straight:
  • For instance the tunnel C could be less straight-line perfect, even (especially) if it's man made. (The same with the red carpet / coloured floor-tiles.)
  • The vertical "river", perhaps widen the dirt between the water and the rock somewhat here and there, it feels a tad :lol: too regular at the moment.
Well, I guess the "too regular/perfect/straight" impression I get is somewhat due to the cave tiles themselves.

Hint
I personally love the newest cave additions with dead-ends and alternative passages. :wink:
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Ces wrote:General mapping thought
As quite a few of the ground-level maps have underground maps, perhaps some of them could be connected? That is, walking from point A to point B could then mean walking above ground, or walking below ground part or whole of the way. :D
Eventually. This will connect with the cave snake cave.
Ces wrote:The thought above with regard to this map
Perhaps a passage could lead to Dimond's Cove... (With some history of why they are connected.)
Someone else is working on Dimond's Cove cave. We'll probably connect at the cave snake cave.
Ces wrote:This map
The map looks enjoyable so far! :) Though I personally dislike anything straight:
  • For instance the tunnel C could be less straight-line perfect, even (especially) if it's man made. (The same with the red carpet / coloured floor-tiles.)
  • The vertical "river", perhaps widen the dirt between the water and the rock somewhat here and there, it feels a tad :lol: too regular at the moment.
Well, I guess the "too regular/perfect/straight" impression I get is somewhat due to the cave tiles themselves.
This is partially natural, partially cut out by hand. Tunnel C is mostly unwalkable (the portal is close to the chamber).
Ces wrote:Hint
I personally love the newest cave additions with dead-ends and alternative passages. :wink:
This will have plenty of alternate passages, but not a whole lot of dead ends (and none that are significant).
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Here is the cave:
TMX

Paths:
  • Caves going north: mines north of Hurnscald (in the works)
  • Indoor area: basement of Hurnscald Inn/Tavern
  • North east going east: PvP area (being worked on by kr0n05)
  • South east going east: Tulimshar cave
  • South east going south: Desert mines
  • South west: unused
  • North west: cave snake cave