The roller-grub

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Insert Name Here
Peon
Peon

The roller-grub

Post by Insert Name Here »

I've been working on a monster concept called the roller-grub. Kinda like a long, rolled up maggot.
Here's what I have so far:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/download/file.php?id=621
Yes, I know the light direction is wrong.
What do you reckon?
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: The roller-grub

Post by EJlol »

add texture. And no other monster use blood (child friendly game), so that is out of style (read: remove it). Just a question: Is there a reason why doesnt have eyes and a mouth?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

EJlol wrote:And no other monster use blood (child friendly game), so that is out of style (read: remove it).
We have a style?
We are child friendly?
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Matt wrote:
EJlol wrote:And no other monster use blood (child friendly game), so that is out of style (read: remove it).
We have a style?
We are child friendly?
By "Out of Style" I think EJ means it is "out of character".

As to the actual monster, I like the idea.
But I think that when it rolls, it should be tighter wound. ATM I am having a hard time visualizing it.

BTW, if it's a grub like monster, why is one end of it flat like it was cut in half?
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Matt wrote:
We have a style?
We are child friendly?
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... Guidelines
You should study the already existing monster spritesets and try to stay in a consistent style with them.
So we have a kind of style. And that style means no blood. and AFAIK the game is child friendly.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

I don't think there is a fixed overall game graphics style yet. And I've never heard something about being child-friendly...
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

whatever, I still think the blood should be removed.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Matt wrote:I don't think there is a fixed overall game graphics style yet. And I've never heard something about being child-friendly...
tottally agreed.. this "remember the children" thing makes me sick.... let the blood flow! :twisted:
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

A bit offtopic, but sure, an addictive game about killing stuff and hoarding possession is really educative and child friendly.
This message used to be meaningful.
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

yosuhara wrote:
Matt wrote:I don't think there is a fixed overall game graphics style yet. And I've never heard something about being child-friendly...
tottally agreed.. this "remember the children" thing makes me sick.... let the blood flow! :twisted:
Ahem... I'm 40, and I don't like seeing blood, guts and gore in a game (and I certainly wouldn't allow my children, if I had any, to play such a game)
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Shaggy wrote:
yosuhara wrote:
Ahem... I'm 40, and I don't like seeing blood, guts and gore in a game (and I certainly wouldn't allow my children, if I had any, to play such a game)
so? don't allow them to play such games...it's your right as a parent