How test with eAthena ?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

How test with eAthena ?

Post by strikerbcb »

Please, how a test TMW with the eAthena, files changed, modifications, etc ...

If someone have this, or maybe know how i make this, please HELP-ME!!!!!

And ... I can Help in many things ... photoshop images, logos, sprites, npcs, etc ...

bye
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

If you want the server you will have to ask someone that has it here like Elven...

That would be a lot easier than just changing an eathena release
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

If you want the server just send a PM to me. While if you're interested in contributing, especially with graphics better ask to Rotonen.
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Hello

I am new to these board. I saw your post from the eathena boards and I used to do a lot of work around on spriting, scripts, NPC, map making, and textures. I kinda got tired of working with 3d enviroments because they just take up way too much memory and playing old games online is pretty fun. I was hoping to learn more about this "The Mana World" game like spriting, NPC, Scipts, and texture working just like I did with eathena. I just need a basic guide on how to setup the serverside of things and how to setup client for distribution to players.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

At the moment we're still using eAthena, so the scripting is the same and setup is the same. The only thing different is map format, but you'll find the maps in the server package. If you want it contact me or if you want to be 1 of our scripters I can also give you direct server access.
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Thanks. I will think about it. I was more profficient at spriting. If its a plus I did scripting for Vidar aswell. :lol:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Well we need spriters more than scripters, so if you'd like to help contact Rotonen :wink:
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

Jormungand wrote:Hello

I am new to these board. I saw your post from the eathena boards and I used to do a lot of work around on spriting, scripts, NPC, map making, and textures. I kinda got tired of working with 3d enviroments because they just take up way too much memory and playing old games online is pretty fun. I was hoping to learn more about this "The Mana World" game like spriting, NPC, Scipts, and texture working just like I did with eathena. I just need a basic guide on how to setup the serverside of things and how to setup client for distribution to players.
So you know this isnt set up for everyone to run their own server for the game. Its the development of the game and main server. Sure you can have the server files to work on stuff and all but the intent isnt for everyone to run their own servers like ragnarok or whatever. Dont take away from the main server. Just letting you know.
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

I can deal with that. I just like to experiment with files and change things from the original and see how people like the change. Some changes are good and others are bad. I just think this themanaworld is a great idea and I would like to contribute some of my ideas to the game that the developers woulnt let me do.

Eg: Change sprites, make new NPC's, change music, make new monsters, and so on.

Reason I wanted to get the server files was to play single player on my computer and test what I would like to see w/o ruining the main server on just testing my new ideas.

(Sorry if I repeated myself)
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

HaLLanHype wrote:So you know this isnt set up for everyone to run their own server for the game. Its the development of the game and main server. Sure you can have the server files to work on stuff and all but the intent isnt for everyone to run their own servers like ragnarok or whatever. Dont take away from the main server. Just letting you know.
Actually people are free to do as they wish. At the moment though they'll have to understand that the data distributed with the client is still very closely connected to our particular server, and there aren't so many players so the few that currently play will have a higher chance of meeting when there's only one server.

As we develop our client and server further though, I think we should actually encourage people that like to set up their own server and develop content for it. Not everybody has the same taste and it would be interesting to see what other worlds or variations people can come up with.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Perhaps we could also have inter-server portals in the final version, so players can jump from server to server and make a truly endless world.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Bjørn wrote:
HaLLanHype wrote:So you know this isnt set up for everyone to run their own server for the game. Its the development of the game and main server. Sure you can have the server files to work on stuff and all but the intent isnt for everyone to run their own servers like ragnarok or whatever. Dont take away from the main server. Just letting you know.
Actually people are free to do as they wish. At the moment though they'll have to understand that the data distributed with the client is still very closely connected to our particular server, and there aren't so many players so the few that currently play will have a higher chance of meeting when there's only one server.

As we develop our client and server further though, I think we should actually encourage people that like to set up their own server and develop content for it. Not everybody has the same taste and it would be interesting to see what other worlds or variations people can come up with.
Ya. I have some fantastic ideas to implement. I just need my computer back to do all these cool things. I currently have the computer getting the OS reinstalled due to Windows 64 bit beta having soooo many bugs. There is no difference between 64 and Home. Except 64 bit has more bugs. I dont know if anyone mentioned this but check out http://www.xrpg.net and you can get some good ideas for editing. Hope to help when I get my comp back. I'm using school computers and I cant istall anything w/o it being in .rar.