Whats happens with the developers ?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Whats happens with the developers ?

Post by strikerbcb »

well, i know, everyone have a 'life' outside of TMW, but in the past 2 months the tmw svn it´s very very slow updating, and the project have many things 'todo', the more importants i can see it´s :

* New graphics of attack moves ( Very High priority )
* Remade the code of movements in trunk ( Ultra High Priority )
* finish the scripting concepts and programation ( High Priority )
* Add a 'Magic' System ( Medium Priority )
* Add support to animated tiles ( low priority but important too )
* Add suport for races and a class system ( low priority )
* Add more uses for the Particle Engine ( uses with mobs, custon actions of the players, etc ) ( medium priority )

the news of portal take more than one month 'offline' ...

please guys, let´s move more faster, or the project will be in development 'forever' ( i know every mmorpg not have a end ... but this is about the basic of client / server structure of the game itself )

I can help with the migration of contents of 0.0 to 0.1 client, and in some minor things, but, these things i mentionate are too important to make before this.

well, it´s only my 'felling' about the actual situation, but in general, i love this project, and i think the tmw have more to make.
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Whats happens with the developers ?

Post by Vink »

:shock: What are you talking about? There have been lots of updates lately.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A month ago I would have agreed with you, but the development is running quite smoothly in the past few week.

Sure, there are some areas where we need more activity, but the situation has already been worse.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

strikerbcb wrote: I can help with the migration of contents of 0.0 to 0.1 client, and in some minor things
Please do, this would speed up things
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

well, i update the svn daily, and i see many times no updates for clients in weeks, but ok ...
strikerbcb wrote:
I can help with the migration of contents of 0.0 to 0.1 client, and in some minor things

Please do, this would speed up things
The coding of Scripting System it´s complete ? Where i found ALL comands of the scripting system ?

Not makes sense move the contents to 0.1 if the scripting it´s not complete yet, it´s the base of all contents ... makes me know if it´s already done.

And please, someone separate the npcs to one npc to file, and not a big image, if i make this anyone implement in coding ? ...

And so ... the code of movements of the player in trunk it´s extremaly important, with this we can move a step ahead ...
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

If you start moving content over (or creating new content) for 0.1, I can help you (and Crush I expect would be willing to as well) by creating any functionality in the scripts that aren't currently implemented.

Until someone starts creating the scripts its hard to say what they will want, I can't just implement the million different things that someone may or may not want, better to do the things we need first.

--
trapdoor
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

trapdoor wrote:If you start moving content over (or creating new content) for 0.1, I can help you (and Crush I expect would be willing to as well) by creating any functionality in the scripts that aren't currently implemented.

Until someone starts creating the scripts its hard to say what they will want, I can't just implement the million different things that someone may or may not want, better to do the things we need first.

--
trapdoor
A good place to start would be to look at what we're doing with eAthena and see which ones aren't possible yet with TMWServ.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

yes, fistly make all the commands that actual scripts of eAthena needs to be in 0.1, and next make the things that eAthena server doesn´t make actually ( like input in npcs for example ).

Well, i will compile the svn client / server, and i will start to make some things, and put here to anyone see.

Some Ideas about this :

GM Possibilities in 0.1 :
* Add/remove items
* Change the stats of the players
* Teleport command

Some actual things to be in Scripting:
* Day/Night Cycle ( Helps with many quests time based )
* add/change money
* change the stats of the player
* Teleport by command ( and random teleport )
* Announce types ( by server, by map, etc )
* Add/Remove itens to the player
* Crafting items support

Some new ideas :

* possibility to call 'events' with the scripts
ex: Play a sound, Play a animation, Play a Particle Effect, Call a Smyle, etc.

And please, document all commands in wiki

But in question of the movement in 0.1, and slash move graphic ... any news ?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

strikerbcb wrote:( like input in npcs for example )
eAthena supports that, the clients don't.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

yes, i know, but i´m talking about the 0.1 Client/Server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I created a todo list of script commands in my user space on the wiki:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... /Scripting

Also note the documentation of the current script bindings which does already include a lot of the stuff you mentioned:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Scripting
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

i don´t know if yours see this, but i find a document very detailed with the eAthena Scripting commands, i think that can help with ideas for make the commands and organize LUA scripting in tmw too ...

Link : http://buwinow5.tripod.com/
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

strikerbcb wrote:i don´t know if yours see this, but i find a document very detailed with the eAthena Scripting commands, i think that can help with ideas for make the commands and organize LUA scripting in tmw too ...

Link : http://buwinow5.tripod.com/
That guide is for a newer version than we have, but it's still relevant (as the one with our version is mostly encoding-mangled Japanese).