"configure" script needs some fixing up so it works on fbsd

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

GreaseMonkey
Peon
Peon

"configure" script needs some fixing up so it works on fbsd

Post by GreaseMonkey »

OK, this is what I have to do to get the ./configure script to work and to build correctly on my system, which runs FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE:

Code: Select all

CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure --disable-nls
That is a capital i in -I.

Without the --disable-nls, it will not link, but this is about the configure script, not linking issues. If you're curious, it complains about libintl_gettext() missing or something if I forget this. I have gettext v0.17, but I see no way of upgrading libintl.so.

If I forget to tell it to use the LDFLAGS, it will not detect guichan, even though it should. From my experience, autoconf knows where the libraries and the includes actually are, so something should be worked out about this. Same deal with the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

Also, I note that it says 'configure complete, now type "make"'. On a FreeBSD system, GNU Make is "gmake", as the FreeBSD "make" will almost never work with a GNU Makefile. Your average FreeBSD user would know this, though, so this isn't a big issue, but still, it helps to be factually correct.

There appears to be no issues with the generated Makefile.
I greet C# with a big fat "no".
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Re: "configure" script needs some fixing up so it works on fbsd

Post by trapdoor »

Just use the FreeBSD port, thats what its there for.

--
trapdoor