Request for new woodland map

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Request for new woodland map

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Nyxl wrote:If oversized tiles look the same in TMW as in Tiled[/d] it shouldn't be a problem

They do.
Nyxl
Peon
Peon

Post by Nyxl »

so, this is what I've got now (slightly zoomed-out version)...

I decided to make a big swamp area in the south-east, which has taken a lot of time to make so far, but I hope it's worth it :) I made a concept for a small labyrinth that you will have to walk through to get to the small peninsula with the cave entrance at the very bottom left (the narrow paths you can already see are part of the labyrinth). At the other end of the cave you would get to the island that I put the big tree on, some NPC could be there.

The signs are only meant to indicate where the swamp area should be, I will remove them when it's finished.

I don't know what to do with the island in the north-west yet, I removed the bridge I had there because I thought it looked to civilised for an island with no people or perhaps one NPC-character on it.
Therefore, it could either be connected to the land by a cave (I don't like a lot of caves), by a bridge if you think it would be good anyway, or by some other way, I was actually thinking about teleporting *g* - don't know if anybody wants this, though, but there is some NPC in a cave who also teleports you out.
On the island, another NPC or some monsters could be put.
Or we could do nothing with the island and maybe put something on it later.

You probably have noticed I increased the map size to 128x128 and I will have to increase it some more when I copy parts of the neighboring map, I hope this is still okay (I won't reach the wiki-maximum of 200 ;))
Aimo
Peon
Peon

Post by Aimo »

Nyxl wrote:I decided to make a big swamp area in the south-east, which has taken a lot of time to make so far, but I hope it's worth it :)
I think, a swamp-area is great - perhaps it is possible to put there some mosquito-monsters (I read this idea in another thread).
Nyxl
Peon
Peon

Post by Nyxl »

Update [ image ]
The swamp is finished now (except for decoration), I will only have to connect the open ends when I add the "border zone" to the neighboring map
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

Would some of the swamp area have a foggy appearance, similar to the sand storm in the desert?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Savi wrote:Would some of the swamp area have a foggy appearance, similar to the sand storm in the desert?
For now, either the whole map has it, or it's static (in an over layer).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Well, it might be possible to create local fog effects using the particle engine. It would look very different from the sandstorm effect though.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:Well, it might be possible to create local fog effects using the particle engine. It would look a very different from the sandstorm effect though.
Or animated tiles.
Seradest
Novice
Novice

Post by Seradest »

Crush wrote:Well, it might be possible to create local fog effects using the particle engine. It would look very different from the sandstorm effect though.
sorry but the particle effect at the moment are to blury.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Seradest wrote:
Crush wrote:Well, it might be possible to create local fog effects using the particle engine. It would look very different from the sandstorm effect though.
It's fog....
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Seradest wrote:
Isn't fog supposed to be blurry? But when you don't like the currently available particle sprites you could create new ones.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
octalot
Novice
Novice

Post by octalot »

I've put a possible map for grid square 4, and the square below it, here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=6755
Retired from TMW; incomplete projects looking for a dev:
Cave foliage (plants up the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5659
Cave wetwalls (water down the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5816
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I remade the fences that go around hurnscald.I think it looks better this way and the houses don't look like there made of fence scraps. I have already seen what it would look like on tiled.I have spotted no issues but if there are let me know. please move this if its not the spot it should be.....thanks............meway
Attachments
spiked fence tips and side darkend
spiked fence tips and side darkend
Woodland_village.png (160.27 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
spiked fence and darker wood
spiked fence and darker wood
Woodland_x3.png (98.49 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

It looks like someone put some sh*t on it.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

er so dose your avatars head :lol: :shock: