Suggestion For New Quest

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Doulos
Novice
Novice

Suggestion For New Quest

Post by Doulos »

The Royal Quest

the basic framework
  • The quest would be for level 75 or higher players.
  • An NPC is put in Tulimshar that announces the Royal Quest with a "Hear ye, hear ye" type speech.
  • Players that are below 75 would be thanked for inquiring, but would be told that the royalty are looking for mighty champions of 75 or higher.
  • Once a player reaches 75, talking to the Tulimshar NPC would bring you before the king and queen (NOTE: this could be altered to finding the castle as this quest develops, if the suggestion is taken or a version thereof -- hey, it's just a basic framework.)
  • The royalty would be on thrones. They would be elevated where a player cannot stand around or behind them (no emoticons behind the royalty).
  • Guards would be in the room too.
  • The queen would not respond helpfully until the king is addressed first.
  • The king offers a very difficult quest. (If he is designed to offer more than one quest, then the player must complete the first before moving to the next.)
  • The queen would resemble Queen Isabella of Spain with Christopher Columbus, where her hints/tips would be of great value.
  • The guards could be bribed, with a great amount of money, to give further tips (in the range of 750K).
  • Upon completing the quest The King/Queen would thank him/her and ask if he/she is up to yet another quest.
  • The guard near the door would return the player to Tulimshar.
This is where the Devs of TMW come in as well as the public.

Here I would encourage others to post practical ideas as to what the quest(s) would include and their rewards (if approval is received and work begins on this idea). One possible quest is restoring the king/queen his/her/their crowns. There are many unused items in TMW (such as the crown). The reward could be a weapon such as the scimitar, but again: it could be gold, it could be XPs, as you wish.

TMW is my first MMPORG. I don't have tons of experience as a gamer. I've got little to draw on... but I figured I'd offer this idea.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Doulos on 03 Mar 2009, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Daneria
Peon
Peon

Re: Suggestion For New Quest

Post by Daneria »

This is a great idea for a quest! Rewards for the quests should be the items you can not get anymore. Start with one quest with more possible and have them get more difficult as you go on, but have better items received at the end of them. Last reward could be gold armor, proving you are a member of the "royal guard." Another idea is too make them more personal somehow. Like getting the dark green dye is based on the character, have these quests based on the character somehow.

Last thing, where to put the castle? Maybe on an island in the water east of the pier they have now. Lots of new creatures for that one. Maybe a Jack-o equivalent dragon. Many ideas plausible with this.
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

Daneria wrote:This is a great idea for a quest! Rewards for the quests should be the items you can not get anymore. Start with one quest with more possible and have them get more difficult as you go on, but have better items received at the end of them. Last reward could be gold armor, proving you are a member of the "royal guard." Another idea is too make them more personal somehow. Like getting the dark green dye is based on the character, have these quests based on the character somehow.

Last thing, where to put the castle? Maybe on an island in the water east of the pier they have now. Lots of new creatures for that one. Maybe a Jack-o equivalent dragon. Many ideas plausible with this.
tyvm
Thank-you for your enthusiasm, Daneria. Those are exactly the kind of ideas I was looking for. Castles, dragons, islands, Royal Guard, gold armor, quests based on character, restored rare items.... I could not have worded it better. tyvm.

the herald
I wanted to mention my reason for putting the "herald" in Tulimshar: every player should be aware, from the first few minutes s/he arrives, that there's something "up there" to strive for.

the necessary level
75 is a suggested level to strive for. It could be reduced to 70, or raised to 80.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

The quest would be to talk to the King's royal guard. The guard informs you that the Queen has gone on a trip to a far off land as an ambassador. Along her journey the Queen and her royal court have lost their way to the this new land. Then the guard would check to see if you were strong enough (level 75) to take on such quest. Once you are proven worthy enough to take on the quest you must find the queen and her court and give her a map to the new land. In return of helping the queen you receive an item from the queen. Return the item to the Royal guard and he will give you a royal helm or whatever in return for your effort.
If the item was a useable and visible item it would show players who has achieved level 75 and higher.
tommie switch
Peon
Peon

Post by tommie switch »

- the king tells you that a dragon has taken inhabitance in a nearby cave and is terrorising a nearby village and asks you to gather some fighters to slay it(partyquest)

- someone has kidnapped the queens pet fluffy and you gotta find out who, where and return it.

- a group of raiders is active in the woods on a trading route between towns and you are asked to find a way to remove this threat.

- in the docks of a town the rumor goes that seamonsters are terrorising the fishermen and everyone is now afraid to set sail. to find a brave enough crew to operate a small ship and set sail for a monsterhunt.

- somewhere deep in a creepy woods is a graveyard where creatures of darkness roam. nothing major lvl, but maybe with different gates increasing lvl. i can try to attach a quest to this but any help is welcome naturally.

- a temporary quest where players have to protect a building site so that work can keep going on a new hangout park or something where some minigames are made for small amounts of cash to play and maybe win some cash back.

so let me know if any of these quests sound interesting and if i have to write down some details about it. like people and their descriptions, the raw sketch of how and what this quest could be like. maybe about the games or how worlds could look, anyway all help is welcome naturally.

other ideas: a arena where one can choose online opponents to battle with according to certain rules. weapons like a morning star, a katana and a club maybe even a magical set of weapons once magic might be introduced. anything with a cemetary really. to be able to purchase a house to stash items or a storage space of some sort so not everyone has to create mules to carry their stuff around.

let me know if any of this is any good. i got tons more ideas if this is liked.
living without dreams is like waking up to a void
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

I think it's a great idea to have some quests for higher level characters might even keep some of em outta trouble. Giving them something to do. I also think the idea of a king and queen of the mana world would be a good idea too.
KeeKee
Peon
Peon

Post by KeeKee »

Love the ideas Tommie!
I especially like the storage idea! I think that is something that everyone would like to have.
Very cool.
KeeKeeKat
Land Of Fire http://landoffire.org

Winter Wonderland is here! Come and enjoy the snow!

Look for us on Mana Plus server list.
Mana Plus is the official client of LoF.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

• former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.