Mouboo to ride on

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Phaeton
Peon
Peon

Mouboo to ride on

Post by Phaeton »

There should be a quest to get or a merchand who sells a Mouboo on which the character can ride on.

- Mouboo should differ in color (nobody is able to kill special Mouboo).
- Mouboo should move a little faster than character alone.
- If character has Mouboo, he should be able to make a command so that
Mouboo appears. After a while when character climbs down of his horse,
the Mouboo should disappear and when character needs his Mouboo, he
should be able to call his Mouboo by typing the special command (or letter
on keyboard).
- Mouboo should be able to be equipped with armour or clothes. Eventually
you get equipment by doing quests.
- Mouboo should not be able to enter caves.
- Character should only be able to possess special Mouboo, when he reaches a
higher level.
- Mouboo should not be able to be sold.
- Mouboo should be able to be hurt, so that there is need of a special Mouboo doctor.
When hurt, Mouboo is slower than character by feet.

This is only a suggestion. I would be glad, if something of this would be programmed.

Yours, Phaeton
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Mouboo to ride on

Post by Crush »

Programming it is not the issue. Making the graphics for it is.

Riding would need new frames for the player sprite and thus for every single wearable item graphic.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Were we not supposed to minimize the number of frames on the playerset?
This message used to be meaningful.
Darkfangex
Peon
Peon

Post by Darkfangex »

ummmmm.ok lol , why not just make a tame mouboo spell? lmao, maybe a magic attack = tame chance , and maybe this spell should not require any items , but if the gm's wanna be rough about it , maybe a herb is required to cast spell. just my opinion :mrgreen: / and to lessen the sprite development load , certain items cannot be worn while riding mouboo , because it is too heavy , ex.warlord plate , again just my opinion
!!!KEANE -EVERYBODYS CHANGING!!! my chosen song that I think fits my role in tmw :(
kasra5004
Peon
Peon

Post by kasra5004 »

well, I think we really need a transportation in this game.but I think the mouboo idea is a little hard to do.I was wondering if we create a vehicle like a auto-chariot! I know it`s a little weird but i think the graphics may become easier.And we can say auto-chariot moves by magic!
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

kasra5004 wrote:well, I think we really need a transportation in this game.but I think the mouboo idea is a little hard to do.I was wondering if we create a vehicle like a auto-chariot! I know it`s a little weird but i think the graphics may become easier.And we can say auto-chariot moves by magic!
Or moved by Mouboo

Another option would be to use mounting clothes as a requirement for mounting, and draw only the head of the player on top of a pre-made mounted body.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

how about a magic carpet or broom-stick.....or any thing else laying around the house .i dont think it would take as much work to do....

thats my 2 pennys
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I like Fern's idea. A pre-mounted body on the Mouboo. Maybe even something coded that would make it where you can't wear your own helmet either. And a premade one is drawn that would cover up any hair style.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Adrian1
Peon
Peon

Post by Adrian1 »

Helmet, Chest, Shield and Gloves can all be shown using the same graphic that is displayed when the player is unmounted.
The legs/shoes are the problem.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

use rider pants/shoes as a catalyst for riding a mouboo
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

I don't imagine Mouboo as creatures that want to be ridden, sorry. If you want to ride an animal it'd be better to have a completely new creature which is for riding only. This would require a new sprite image, but so would different-coloured Mouboo with headless riders on their backs.

~think of a new animal...
Enchilado
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

A Mouboo would do just fine..
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

~no it wouldn't.
Enchilado
Darkfangex
Peon
Peon

Post by Darkfangex »

enchilado has a point lmao , a mouboo kinda has a long neck , so how do you expect to see where you are riding (imagine you are the one riding it) you would have to choke the mouboo to try to look either left or right lol. so how about that teleportation spell? maybe it should teleport you to the respawn point for 40 mp? it seems possible. it will look like you respawned when you use the spell. i find myself using iten spell to suicide of all kinds of monsters to get back to town lol
!!!KEANE -EVERYBODYS CHANGING!!! my chosen song that I think fits my role in tmw :(
kasra5004
Peon
Peon

Post by kasra5004 »

Well, I think the point of riding on a mouboo is the speed and freedom to go anywhere u want, not just moving to a place.U know riding is glorious and enjoyable. So teleport is fine but it`s really different from riding.