New improvements???

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yup Javila we're eager to see your improvements, anyway where did your miminap go? I'd like to have a working minimap in the next release
Javila
Peon
Peon

Post by Javila »

nym, Really I'm not sure that my widget is good enough to be added to Guichan package... I don't know... Maybe I can create a PopupMenu widget that can be useful for their project... I guess BrowserBox needs some improvements and doing a separated PopupMenu can be better... I'm thinking about yet...

Elven, my minimap is here yet... I don't send you my changes 'cause I thought the implementation is so poor... In fact, the minimap is just a thumbnail of whole map, whithout any feature like zoom... If you wish it, I can send it to you ...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I think you could upstream the patches so we could decie whether they're good enough and/or help you with them.
This message used to be meaningful.
Javila
Peon
Peon

Post by Javila »

Hi all,

I finished the BrowserBox and commit it to CVS today... Also I redone all help system, the chat output and a popup menu... All three windows using the new widget... The popup menu can be accessed by middle button mouse click and some actions still needing implementation (walk/buddy/follow)... Maybe the wrap text procedure needs more improvements...

Belows a screenshot:

BTW, to use colored fonts, we need just a white font... All color can be setted by setColor() method... ;-)

Waiting for comments...
Cya
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

It seems very nice but I guess colored text was not committed right?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I see the problem is probably that you committed browserfont.png not as a binary since I can't open it even using GIMP. Please recommit it as soon as you can :D
Javila
Peon
Peon

Post by Javila »

Are you sure, Elven???
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/t ... iew=markup

BTW, Sull and Usiu reported that colors works only in OpenGL... :/
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Hmm I deleted and reupdated from CVS and now the font file is correct.
Well as far as I see from the code, in case of not using OpenGL you're not using browserfont but default gui font instead. I tryed to load this one instead but then it's displayed as white, maybe I forgot something or the setColor function doesn't work without OpenGL?
Javila
Peon
Peon

Post by Javila »

Really I don't know, since I'm not using none OpenGL specific command... It's just a Guichan problem I guess...
Javila
Peon
Peon

Post by Javila »

BTW, setColor method is implemented in gcn::OpenGLGraphics and gcn::SDLGraphics... Hmm... Maybe this can be the *key*...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

It's not a Guichan problem, it's simply a matter of capabilities in SDL and OpenGL. In OpenGL it's extremely easy to draw only certain colors at certain amounts by simply calling glColor, but SDL doesn't have this. I suggest for now we keep the amount of colors limited (maybe 4 is enough?) and use different font images.