Ignoring Game Masters

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Re: Ignoring Game Masters

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Kage wrote:I think the server already informs clients if a player is a GM
Are you sure? I haven't seen any ingame indication of GM status apart from the cap/robe (which is probably enough, IMO.)

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Freeyorp101 wrote:
Kage wrote:I think the server already informs clients if a player is a GM
Are you sure? I haven't seen any ingame indication of GM status apart from the cap/robe (which is probably enough, IMO.)

---Freeyorp
Well aethyra sends its GM data, and we have code in the Player class to set a GM

But I never seen it worked, so maybe it was pulled from them by mistake, or its for TMWServ.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Aethyra had a weird system that I"m not sure worked too well. I added support for a less involved system, to our client and testing it out. The server code to support it was never committed, but I can easily do so if it's desired.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

yes it does on the online list

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Post by Pandemonium »

I don't see why any one asked... Why would you ignore a GM? If there is a reason to do so, one would think that there is a bigger problem with that GM...
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

why would you want to ignore a GM? They aren't running around being obnoxious like some other players are. They hardly even speak, for that matter. It seems kinda shady that you would ask that question in the first place. And am I seriously the first person to think this?? :?
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

DonCBen wrote:why would you want to ignore a GM? They aren't running around being obnoxious like some other players are. They hardly even speak, for that matter. It seems kinda shady that you would ask that question in the first place. And am I seriously the first person to think this?? :?
We are free and open source. If a player wants to do something like this, its not our place to stop them really.

Its about FREEDOM man :P
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P