Graveyard - time to get it going

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Graveyard - time to get it going

Post by Crush »

Now that we got zombies and skeletons and nowhere to put them I feel the obligation to finally get a graveyard scenario into working condition.

So far we got a lot of tries in that direction but nothing sustainable. That's why I would like to form a team with the goal to finally get a graveyard scenario ingame. When you would like to help feel free to post here and say what you would like to do.

Monsters (90%)
We got graphics for skeletons, zombies, wisps, skulls and JackO could be placed there, too. I thing we have everything we need. But that does not mean that we don't have any use for any more monsters fitting the graveyard / creepy theme.

Stats still need to be made up.

Maps (95%)
The maps are finished and pending release. A few testwalks to weed out mapping errors would be great, though.

Tiles (100%)
Maps are pending release, so new tiles aren't needed anymore.

Music (100%)
Feline Monstrosity created a track here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =21&t=6878

Quest scripting (10%)
The icing on the cake would be to have one or two quests which have to be completed on these new maps. John P posted some ideas here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=6853 Enchilado volunteered to do the scripting, but he won't be able to deliver anything for seven weeks. Thus it would be much better when someone else would do it..

So, who would like to help?
Attachments
graveyard-loc-v2.png
graveyard-loc-v2.png (117.45 KiB) Viewed 5293 times
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Graveyard - time to get it going

Post by meway »

also a new grayer ground set would be nice :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No, we will base it on the existing woodland tileset. An extra creepy atmosphere can be reached with a fog overlay:

• NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

For the coast, we could double the overworld in that area. Have the graveyard as an inner map for the coast, set off by high cliffs.

Or it might be better to put it at the other end of the current woodland area, in the same valley as Port Town.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

its to bright and um alt-2
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

hi :)

a good obligation Crush :)

so i was thinking of something like why not a quest in which a npc like Ishyah would give a quest and the player would have

first part of the quest get the materials in this map and other map with other npc in order to get a pick such as Ishyah has in hands.

Player would have to go back to jack and get log head to get the wood and see new beautifull jack to have the handle of the pick

then Player would be send by Jack to see Nicholas to get the pickaxe or vice and versa

then come back to the Ishyah in the Graveyard and get the second part of the quest:

first part would be to see if the pick is ok (random) as for the forest bow or wood shield)

then when the pick is ok player gets the second part of it:
find the right grave and break it with the pick:
- some could be as the spells in the magic house diing,
- or teletransportation at the over side of the world like the mountain snakes spot or the skull room or whatever dangerous place such as jackO
- varios monster skeleton or whatever graveyard monster could go out.
- and one unique get ...

a weapon ?
an amulette ?
a skull hat ?

there goes one idea that went throught my mind.

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Crush,

you forgot `Spells/Magic'.

I'd argue that the quest(s) and story should come before trying to piece things together. (I do intend to keep out of this otherwise, but feel free to let me know if you have questions/suggestions/requests wrt magic.)

-- fate
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

jaxad0127 wrote:For the coast, we could double the overworld in that area. Have the graveyard as an inner map for the coast, set off by high cliffs.
By making the graveyard a dead-end map the map north of it is out of the plan. This means we can do whatever we want with the coastline on the map southwest.
Or it might be better to put it at the other end of the current woodland area, in the same valley as Port Town.
Can you be a bit more specific? I would like to attach it to already existing maps so that we don't have to rush any in-between maps.
  • NOT a game master

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

anyway thats not what the topic is about :lol: This is however. How is it?
Attachments
Is this the type of thing your looking for?
Is this the type of thing your looking for?
tomb.PNG (3.9 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

meway,

wrong perspective. Also, my understanding was that real-world religious symbolism was not to be used in tmw.

-- fate
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

oh ya your rite :P but were in a grave yard are you not going to c that. seriously prespective is no thing its always fixable but that was made from a refrence image i knew the prespective was wrong im still working on it. also needs some texture.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No christian symbolism or recognizable symbols of any other real life religions, please.

Copying the typical style and atmosphere of an european graveyard: Ok. Putting christian or celtic crosses on it: bad.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:Or it might be better to put it at the other end of the current woodland area, in the same valley as Port Town.
Can you be a bit more specific? I would like to attach it to already existing maps so that we don't have to rush any in-between maps.
The direction of the red arrow in my attachment.
Attachments
Red arrow: proposed direction
Red arrow: proposed direction
graveyard-loc.png (99.97 KiB) Viewed 5224 times
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

I'd really like to see the use of the swamp tiles close in range on the map featuring the graveyard. The use of a warp maze in conjunction with the fog effect would be pretty peachy too IMHO.

Thank you Crush for reigniting the topic! :mrgreen:
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

This type of stone is the kind your looking for?
Attachments
RIP
RIP
RIP.PNG (1.11 KiB) Viewed 5193 times