Tiles retouch

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

maggot
Peon
Peon

Tiles retouch

Post by maggot »

I have made changes to the tile :

I think a clearer tile is more suitable in an open area.. this is just an example :

before.. this is a good tile.. but more suitable in a closed area like in a house and so on..

Thanks.
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Re: Tiles retouch

Post by Golgo »

Hey thats nice :D , better then the current one we have that looks like they are castle bricks.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

well... too tiled IMO. those brighter 2 bricks make me feel that those ground is really tiled. Maybe make some variations - additional tiles. And one more thing. Maybe some shadings on bricks? - i sugest to get black in transparent layer. (Black 1px border in left and bottom corner of each brick)

Anyway conception is good.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: Tiles retouch

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

maggot wrote: I think a clearer tile is more suitable in an open area.. this is just an example :
Lol I was just thinking the contrary, your tile with a bit of shading could be used for the inside of a palace
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Wha! You just totally screwed that tile!
I really like the current brick tile.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Anyway maggot, since you seems to be in a creative mood, why don't you join our artists team? :roll:
maggot
Peon
Peon

Post by maggot »

Thanks for everybody's comment.. err... elven.. thanks for you invitation too.. but i don't think i'll go that further.. i have my leisure time.. so i used it..

so.. here am i .. i think you guys didn't get what i was trying to say.. btw here are another two examples after adding some textures to the tiles ...

The desert contrast is higher .. so the bricks ..

Another example.. the bricks has a lower contrast.. which doesn't match with the desert contrast ..

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ok... getting better (the top one)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Modanung wrote:Ok... getting better (the top one)
I agree, looks a bit better. Keep up good work. Good luck.
Major_Nuggs
Peon
Peon

Post by Major_Nuggs »

personally, I like the tiles.. even the ones that weren't perfect..

I could at least see the text.. it sucks having to run to a spot to get my message displayed..

Anywyas, it makes it a lot easier.. and I like the tiles...

Then again, if the fonts were changed some or used a different engine, it might not be that bad.

That's my only complaint of the game.. is the fonts and how crappy they are..

I guess I just hate having a default crappy bitmap or whatever font..

It's not for me.. It's the only thing that turns me off from this game besides the fact its not nearly complete.. but I can wait!!! :p

just the fonts suck.. especially since I switch from linux to windows so often.. or not... but gentoo is dumb right now. :/
The best part of waking up, is satan in your cup!
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Major_Nuggs wrote:I could at least see the text.. it sucks having to run to a spot to get my message displayed..
Anywyas, it makes it a lot easier.. and I like the tiles...
Then again, if the fonts were changed some or used a different engine, it might not be that bad.
There's also a chatlog/window, but I agree on the font. It should be black AND white. Like the mousepointer. ;)
Chetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Chetic »

I REALLY like that top one, we have to use that!
(Please..? :p)
Quote of the year:
<Sull> the diff with GPL and priced software,GPL is faster to install cause you dont have to put a crack/serial

xD
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'm appreciating people spontaniously starting to tile for us, but I'd appreciate even more if people started to generate new tiles creatively instead of improving the limited tileset we have now (yeah, those can be used elsewhere, but just saying out loud in general).
This message used to be meaningful.
maggot
Peon
Peon

Post by maggot »

Thanks to whoever have commented.. :)

Chetic.. thanks again.. i know you're not serious.. lol..

Rotonen .. i know the post was indirectly for me.. as i said before.. i'm not a good artist.. i'm afraid you'll get fainted when seeing my drawing.. lol.. just joking.. erm.. i'm not agreed with the word 'improving'.. because i didn't improve anything.. i'd rather say it retouching.. ok.. no offence :)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yeah, "improving" was a bad choice of words, "retouching" is the correct alternative. Thanks for correcting me.. ;)

My problem with retouching spontaniously is that the previous artists might feel like the newcomers are stepping on their feet (which they actually are, but..)
This message used to be meaningful.