categorizing spells

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

kasra5004
Peon
Peon

categorizing spells

Post by kasra5004 »

Hi.

I think there is a weak point in spells, the problem is everyone with any character can learn a spell. I mean there isn`t any difference between dark and white spells. I think we should separate them. for example making two kinds of magic classes, "warlock" or ... and "mage". each has some special spells.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: categorizing spells

Post by Kage »

kasra5004 wrote:Hi.

I think there is a weak point in spells, the problem is everyone with any character can learn a spell. I mean there isn`t any difference between dark and white spells. I think we should separate them. for example making two kinds of magic classes, "warlock" or ... and "mage". each has some special spells.
With our current magic system we have two paths, good and evil. While I am not totally sure what all is planned for this, I do know its possible to limit what magics you can do based on variables.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: categorizing spells

Post by Goku »

If there was a significant difference in the two paths, I would be much more interested in magic.. who wouldn't want to be an evil mage?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster