[REQ] Logging camp tile artwork

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

aroleon
Novice
Novice

[REQ] Logging camp tile artwork

Post by aroleon »

Way back in this thread (and this one too), I took over a map from octalot.

His original map was 200 x 200, which Crush said was too big; I've split it into 2 x (150 x 200) to better fit in with existing tmw maps.

I'm almost finished with the northern half of the map, after a long break, but need some artwork for the logging camp. Here is what I have so far:
log camp on island
log camp on island
logcamp.jpg (80.27 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
I'm after some details to fill in the camp and make it look more temporary. I would imagine that this could include:

* tents
* fallen trees ready to trim into logs
* cut logs piled up ready for transport (how? Maybe by floating down the river -- see picture below)
* tools lying around

Here is the sort of thing I'm looking for:
(NOTE: THESE CAME FROM A WEB SEARCH AND MIGHT BE COPYRIGHT. Please use them for *inspiration*, NOT AS-IS):
logcamp1.jpg
logcamp1.jpg (16.67 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
logcamp2.jpg
logcamp2.jpg (49.67 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Any other ideas or input would be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

aro
Last edited by aroleon on 18 Jul 2009, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
kasra5004
Peon
Peon

Re: [REQ] Logging camp tile artwork

Post by kasra5004 »

Good job.Em... i think u should add more trees in the main part of the camp, u know these kind of camps were usually in the tree-crowded places.and i think you`d better use a bigger building instead of that hut(something like an inn).U know , a place that 10 or more workers can drink beer and rest and eat!
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

Well, the roofed structure was intended, for the moment, for the guys to sit under and eat...

I haven't decided whether or not to keep the building -- I guess that depends on whether something better comes along.

Should the camp itself be in the middle of a forest, or would the forest have been cleared to make space for the camp? I dunno. The mainland north of the island has a lot of felled trees; maybe the loggers stay at the camp on the island -- because it's the only clear space to set up tents -- and commute to the forest on the mainland to work. Or maybe not :) The map is still a work in progress.

As always, comments and input are appreciated.

aro
kasra5004
Peon
Peon

Post by kasra5004 »

Another suggestion, add some slipways in some parts of the riverside , U know for the methods of transportation.
Attachments
For example u can add some slipways in these indicated areas.
For example u can add some slipways in these indicated areas.
logcamp.jpg (55.96 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Very, very nice work.

I think that I would like to see a few different varieties of trees as well. Perhaps some taller trees, like pines.
octalot
Novice
Novice

Post by octalot »

I'd have the loggers sleep on the island and commute to the forest; they can guard the bridge to stop monsters attacking the camp instead of being attacked from all sides.
Retired from TMW; incomplete projects looking for a dev:
Cave foliage (plants up the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5659
Cave wetwalls (water down the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5816
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

:shock: whats with the half trees at the bottom
Pixel Battalion
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

Len wrote::shock: whats with the half trees at the bottom
Aaahhh... it's a long story... Bushes and trees and dense foliage were on three separate layers so that they could be overlapped very close. This didn't work out, so I'm (still) in the process of combining all three layers into one. The half-trees are where one part of a tree was on a separate layer, and that layer has been removed. Still cleaning up and reworking.

This map, the southern part of the original, is still in progress, but thanks for pointing it out.

aro