Menu Music (Front End)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Menu Music (Front End)

Post by dariunas »

Hey all,

Was going through some of my old Mana World projects and came across a short piano version of a larger peice that I had been working on. Was thinking about its use as a very short, looping piano peice when players first launch the game and are selecting their character...

http://www.aasifchaudry.co.uk/The%20Man ... ano%29.ogg

Attaching to the board was a nice convenient feature... :( Any chance some space may be freed up in the future...?
Last edited by dariunas on 17 Aug 2009, 18:17, edited 3 times in total.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Menu Music (Front End)

Post by Matt »

Sounds nice :) Space shouldn't be a problem.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Matt wrote:...space shouldn't be a problem.
Just that, when I tried to attach to the board, I got a message saying that it could not be attached as the board's attachment quota had been reached... :?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

dariunas wrote:
Matt wrote:...space shouldn't be a problem.
Just that, when I tried to attach to the board, I got a message saying that it could not be attached as the board's attachment quota had been reached... :?
It's since been fixed.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

It is a very calming and gentle piece. But... I wouldn’t use it on the log in screen though, as no one would want leave it! :lol: As such, it might actually be better suited for a credits screen, everyone would stay till the very last contributor’s name have rolled past.

No, really, while I think it would work great as a credits theme (if a bit longer) I think it would work well as log-in music as well.

I would personally like to have something similar as a theme in a lovely little town.

*sigh* I love piano performances.

Good work dariunas!
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Ces wrote:It is a very calming and gentle piece. But... I wouldn’t use it on the log in screen though, as no one would want leave it! :lol: As such, it might actually be better suited for a credits screen, everyone would stay till the very last contributor’s name have rolled past.

No, really, while I think it would work great as a credits theme (if a bit longer) I think it would work well as log-in music as well.

I would personally like to have something similar as a theme in a lovely little town.

*sigh* I love piano performances.

Good work dariunas!
Thank you for the kind words Ces. :)

Although... have you heard the Harp & Strings piece posted by Doulos? It has a really, really nice feel and I think would suit those longer scenarios you describe such as credits, a town etc.

As far as the title goes I aimed for the title/login to sound different to the other tracks by keeping it minimal; the piano solo was the obvious choice. I think the speed and tempo are good, but on reflection now, I think the melody is a little too downbeat and weighty. For a title screen, it could be lighter and more immediate which I think would be more suitable...