Login Splash Screen

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

godHead
Peon
Peon

Login Splash Screen

Post by godHead »

i designed a new login screen. if you like it i can send you a .png. geocities didnt like the .png format so i went with .jpg

hope you dont mind that i used your goddess Nevilitys.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Well. I dont like it. IMO it doesnt fit to game. Photographic background isnt good solution, same as those figures and interlace. Goddes should have havier borders - i recomend trace it into vector curves and color it in same way.

anyway nice try.
godHead
Peon
Peon

Post by godHead »

well, thanks for the criticism. i agree that it doesnt fit the game currently, but all mana games revolve around a giant tree surrounded by jungle. that is what i based the design on. i used an artisic filter on the backgorund to make it less photographic, i guess i didnt do enough. vectoring the goddess is doable, but it will take some time. and as for the interlace/geometrical shapes, well, i guess its just my style. i can make revisions. input is welcome.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Did you draw that girl yourself?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The girl is a bit cheap.. Avoid that, we're not ecchi, IMO. Otherwise nice.
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ah, I see Nevilitys did her. ;)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

my two cents: i find the hexagonal stuff in the background irritating, since the game's completely based on squares. also, i'd add a thin white border or something around the title text, so it stands out a little more.
anyways, i prefer the current login screen style. the huge white areas give it a certain final-fantasy-ish feel.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Just keep it like it is and release it as a wallpaper.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

That background photograph probably has copyrights... :?