Why does every TMW fork die?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

superboy57
Newly Registered User

Re: Why does every TMW fork die?

Post by superboy57 »

Habari wrote:
  • Search The Mana World in google : 12 900 000 Results.
    Search Aethyra : 21 500 results.
    Search Aetyra excluding searches from themanaworld.org domain: 20 300 results.
So obviously the problem is nobody knows forks exist , and nobody cares , vgggthat´s no players , no developers,
also it is an interesting fact that much of Aethyra's advertising was made inside The Mana World (forums , conversations on TMW server , etc) , of course we dont want to play a bad copy that just changes a couple of colors in monsters we prefer the original game that updates more quickly , has more players (and some of them are your long time friends ) , and apart from that is the same game , it would be easyer to convince people who havent heard about TMW to play Aetyra , basically bad marketing.
superboy57
Newly Registered User

Post by superboy57 »

Who knows how to make a Server? :(
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

superboy57 wrote:Who knows how to make a Server? :(
The wiki does: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... p_a_server
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
superboy57
Newly Registered User

How to make a server

Post by superboy57 »

thx Crush :wink: thx so much