reaper

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

skipy
Knight
Knight

Re: reaper

Post by skipy »

lightening + reaper = :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (imo)
Fother J wrote:
Len wrote:
Bertram wrote:Hi Skipy,

It's the most promising undead monster we would ever see in game :)

Regards.
I agree with that statement make one for woa :wink:
/me keels over from a broken heart. :cry:

-sniff-

:lol: I know what they mean though... we're all anticipating to see how the reaper will turn out (*Imagines boss monster in grave yard :twisted: *)
"broken heart. :cry: "-- :oops: lol ,this coming for the guy that has maps full of monsters that i love!! :wink: :twisted:

(*Imagines boss monster in grave yard :twisted: *)--.thanks,still lots and lots of work to do on this before :oops: ....

thanks for looking -and as always feel free to give input or ideas and feed back
Attachments
monster-reaper frame 2.gif
monster-reaper frame 2.gif (24.22 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

A proposal how the lightnings could look like:
Attachments
purple_lightnings2.png
purple_lightnings2.png (8.73 KiB) Viewed 3461 times
purple_lightnings.png
purple_lightnings.png (9.24 KiB) Viewed 3689 times
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Spit23 wrote:A proposal how the lightnings could look like:
i like it..(imo) its a big improvement :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

Here's a quick tutorial how I did that:

First I took the original image and copied the lightnings into another layer and recolered them like this:
Then I used the gaussian blur filter in GIMP with a value of 10px (horizontal and vertikal). Now the layer should look like this:
Then I copied the original lightning layer into another layer and recolered it like this:
By putting all together in the right order it should look like this:

That's it. Very simple and quick to do. If you still have questions just ask me.

And don't wonder when it looks strange if you save it as an animated gif. Gif can define pixels only totally transparent or totally opaque, not both like png can do.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Finally a modern dirty filter trick worth the produced effect for pixel art!
This message used to be meaningful.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i did more frames ...(there not done)..i will get the lightnings looking the way it should soon..and more :wink:

i dont know... :roll:

any ideas on how it may move??? :mrgreen:
:twisted: -idd look it to stay on one tile and not go anywhere but it need to have movement in place- :twisted:
Attachments
monster-reaper frame 3.gif
monster-reaper frame 3.gif (41.24 KiB) Viewed 3339 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Floating, those rags under it flapping around.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

more movement frames ...tried to make it look like its flapping around...(its a start any how..)
Attachments
monster-reeper frame back2.gif
monster-reeper frame back2.gif (3.45 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I think what people were looking to see would be more movement and flapping at the bottom of the cape were the feet would be. Not so much movement along the sides. Although I do like the movement on the sides myself, but would like to see more movement on the bottom and not in a plain up down, back and forth movement.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Do rough lineart for the animation of how the cape will flap first. IMO you have to break the shape here for the flapping to gain the desired effect.
This message used to be meaningful.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

in one of the frames there are speckles i'm not sure if those were intentional they just caught my eye a bit
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:Do rough lineart for the animation of how the cape will flap first. IMO you have to break the shape here for the flapping to gain the desired effect.
Black Don wrote:I think what people were looking to see would be more movement and flapping at the bottom of the cape were the feet would be. Not so much movement along the sides. Although I do like the movement on the sides myself, but would like to see more movement on the bottom and not in a plain up down, back and forth movement.
heres the fist try at it...its still needs more..but is this what we are looking for? :wink: :? :twisted:
Attachments
monster-reeper-part sideframe 5.gif
monster-reeper-part sideframe 5.gif (2.67 KiB) Viewed 3192 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I think it looks great although. with the fog moving ---> in this direction you would think the wind is going the same way.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

that is magic wind, it is always from front of the reaper :D (mostly cause it doesn't looks that badass when it is from behind)
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

ok i will go for magic energy wind :) idk about rottonen though