Page 5 of 9

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 03:41
by Wombat
skipy, you are da man. You brought da boss. Dat is da noise and let the frenzy begin :)

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 04:01
by skipy
Wombat wrote:skipy, you are da man. You brought da boss. Dat is da noise and let the frenzy begin :)
vary glad you like it...(thanks :mrgreen: )

if im missing some thing for it... let me know and ill fix it..or if anyone see some thing i did not feel free to tell me or fix it your self..
idd say 97% done(i dont know)

it will punk-rock to see it in game ..

next on my list ((((npc s)))


-skipy

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 04:04
by yourmistakes
does it have any sort of particle effect or sfx to go with the attack?

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 04:20
by skipy
yourmistakes wrote:does it have any sort of particle effect or sfx to go with the attack?
it dose not ...but i would love it to have a particle effect..(something i have no idea how to do)..i have lightning on some other layers that can work ...or it can just summon other stuff to kill for it ...i dont know ..im still up for ideas ..which reminds me i should finish the lightning.. :shock: :roll: :wink:

hhhmmmm maybe purple fire balls..

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 10:31
by Acegi
Well done on the design of the reaper! ^^ I'm now curious to it's actual combat behaviour rather than visual effects. For a boss monster (definitely looks like one!) it should be more unique than the typical JackO that just follows whoever happens to attack it most recently. Maybe it chooses the weakest player (lowest defence) or even better randomly decides to change targets inflicting massively high criticals.

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 17:40
by Wombat
Particles will probably be used for attack, make it much slower than the jacko and a distant range attack. That is just my opinion. I like very much. I want to say it is done since all frames seem to be represented. All movement and all attack frames are included. Again, good work skipy. This may be the first real TMW boss in the game.

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 17:56
by Bertram
Hi,
This may be the first real TMW boss in the game.
8) You're on a roll, skipy!

Since the lightnings and the frames are all here. All that is to be done is configuration.
I trust Wombat about that.

Best regards.

Re: reaper

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 22:22
by skipy
here is more frames (movement or walking) and a clean up of whats there..i think its all there now..
i also have made the lightning (that Spit23 and AxlTrozz helped me out in making,thanks you 2)..have them saved as 2 xcf files..(not sure how to post them)..so here they are in a png..

as far as combat behavior is concerned (imo) i think it should attack everyone at the same time at range ..and move vary slow. :twisted: .i trust Wombat will do some thing fitting to how it should be :twisted:

thank you all for the encouragement..

-skipy

Re: reaper

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 08:52
by Bertram
Hi skipy,

For the xcf files, can you zip them just like Spit did?

I'll upload the reference file into the tmwart repository, here:
http://gitorious.org/tmwart
That way it won't be lost or forgotten. ;)

Best regards.

Re: reaper

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 07:09
by skipy
Bertram wrote:Hi skipy,

For the xcf files, can you zip them just like Spit did?

I'll upload the reference file into the tmwart repository, here:
http://gitorious.org/tmwart
That way it won't be lost or forgotten. ;)

Best regards.
thank you Bertram...i hope it is done and i can start work on some other things in my head.. :mrgreen:

Re: reaper

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 13:50
by Bertram
Hi skipy,
thank you Bertram...i hope it is done and i can start work on some other things in my head.. :mrgreen:
You need to give us the xcf files first! ;)

As for the reaper, Wombat will be able to tell you the exact plot about it. :)

Best regards.

Re: reaper

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 15:12
by Wombat
This monster boss will be released with a future "Wizard's Tower" release, but it will still be some time before that happens. If someone else comes up with a concept before then, I'll consider my options once I get to the mentioned release.

Re: reaper

Posted: 11 Aug 2010, 10:42
by nmaligec
I will try to help with getting the reaper working.

The problem right now is that the reaper's sprite sheet is missing frames for looping walk animation.

I tried a bit to add a frame to a default front and back walk anim but its still lacking. It would be great if I could chat with skipy about it.

Re: reaper

Posted: 11 Aug 2010, 19:48
by skipy
nmaligec wrote:I will try to help with getting the reaper working.

The problem right now is that the reaper's sprite sheet is missing frames for looping walk animation.

I tried a bit to add a frame to a default front and back walk anim but its still lacking. It would be great if I could chat with skipy about it.
feel free to message me any time you wish.
as far as the walk animation , i made the south ,north and east walk ...north walk in 3 frames , south and east in 2 frames..west walk frames can be fliped from the east frames..
i will grid the reaper out on a monster sheet (put parts in order,and center the frames )unless someone beats me to it :wink:
..ill try to get it posted tonight....

im open to subjetions on movement if it done not look right ..after it is set up

----skipy

Re: reaper

Posted: 11 Aug 2010, 19:53
by skipy
Bertram wrote:Hi skipy,
thank you Bertram...i hope it is done and i can start work on some other things in my head.. :mrgreen:
You need to give us the xcf files first! ;)

As for the reaper, Wombat will be able to tell you the exact plot about it. :)

Best regards.
i have no clue how to get a xcf posted on here :cry:
im going to put the lighting in the sprite sheet on the attack frames..its the best i can do with the knowledge i have..
should be up tonight ((hoping))..


-------------skipy