[REQ] eAthena Underworld

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[REQ] eAthena Underworld

Post by Wombat »

Concept

Lots of different ideas exist on how the underworld should work. I propose a tmw-eA system that is relatively simple to create. How it works on tmw-manaserv may be totally different. It will compose of a monster not more powerful than maggots (attack <= maggot), a monster drop, a couple NPCs and a Tileset (perhaps a gray version of the cave tileset).

• * Die

* Instantly warp to Underworld-2, a giant room with a very small number of monster spawns with slow respawn times.

* Talk to NPC (Underworld Keeper) to start fetch-quest (hell seems to be fetch quests :P) for X # of monster drops.

* Kill weak monsters (worth 0% XP) with Y% drop rate until X # of drops is complete

* Give NPC drops, get randomly warped onto Underworld-1, a giant maze with doors that also randomly warp the character around the Underworld-1 map until they get to the "end" doorway or a second gatekeeper NPC.

* Doorway/NPC would warp the character to any soul menhir randomly.

Underworld-2 quest could take 5-15 minutes to complete, while the Underworld-1 random warping could take around 2-5 minutes.
Last edited by Wombat on 26 Oct 2009, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Current character is "Abolish".
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [REQ] eAthena Underworld

Post by Wombat »

Monsters could also behave similar to Herbs and not move or attack.

Code: Select all

(5:14:50 AM) wombatism1: it would take a little bit, but I could do the monster, the scripting and the npcs, but I'd probably just recolor the cave tileset.  piecing it together might take some time.
(5:15:57 AM) wombatism1: the monster drops could be "pieces of silver" to "pay" your way out of the Underworld, to borrow from the Reaper mythology
(5:16:07 AM) Fother: i always wished it would warp them to a random short maze, with death in the center as an npc to talk crap to them... and the maze filled with various shadow figures that would kill the player again and send them back to the center, until they could evade them all over again to get to one of the 4 corner exits
(5:17:06 AM) wombatism1: Khafr could have a hell version
(5:18:20 AM) wombatism1: script X2 long and play games of chance similar to the arm wrestle, but he could be bribable to lose with the monster drops instead of getting drunk
(5:19:07 AM) wombatism1: have a menu of 5 choices at several points with different answers to prevent the player from fast clicking through it
Current character is "Abolish".
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Randomly sending people to a menhir isn't a good idea. If we could restrict it to the ones they've visited, it would be much better.
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Wombat wrote:Monsters could also behave similar to Herbs and not move or attack.

Code: Select all

(5:14:50 AM) wombatism1: it would take a little bit, but I could do the monster, the scripting and the npcs, but I'd probably just recolor the cave tileset.  piecing it together might take some time.
(5:15:57 AM) wombatism1: the monster drops could be "pieces of silver" to "pay" your way out of the Underworld, to borrow from the Reaper mythology
(5:16:07 AM) Fother: i always wished it would warp them to a random short maze, with death in the center as an npc to talk crap to them... and the maze filled with various shadow figures that would kill the player again and send them back to the center, until they could evade them all over again to get to one of the 4 corner exits
(5:17:06 AM) wombatism1: Khafr could have a hell version
(5:18:20 AM) wombatism1: script X2 long and play games of chance similar to the arm wrestle, but he could be bribable to lose with the monster drops instead of getting drunk
(5:19:07 AM) wombatism1: have a menu of 5 choices at several points with different answers to prevent the player from fast clicking through it
I know skipy intended to use it as a mob, but he already has a grim reaper done up here:

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8633

Willing to help with scripting, as always.