too many environment variables???

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

raver2008
Peon
Peon

too many environment variables???

Post by raver2008 »

hey guys,
i'm trying to set up a server and i'm got thru all this crap with compiling stuff and so on...
Now i really got stuck with this sentence the server is saying

So here it is:

2 [main] map-server 2288 N:\blablabla\map-server.exe:

*** fatal error - internal error reading the windows environment - too many environment variables?

please help me guys i want to go to bed and i can't sleep till i got it running :D

please answer quick!
Thank you;)
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: too many environment variables???

Post by Kage »

I am so glad I use Linux
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Kage wrote:I am so glad I use Linux
Yes. Essentially using Linux makes that a LOT easier. So... raver2008 if you don't want to install one try virtualization. It's really clean and easy option. MS Virtual PC, VirtualBOX, vmware - pick one and install linux. Then install tmwserv or whatever software you wish.

Personally I'm using commercial vmware workstation 7 to virtualize winXP under my ubuntu. Corel Draw and Adobe Photoshop runs really adorable in this native-virtual environment. Games works too since it has support for DX9
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Check your environment variables and try to remove all those unused.
Probably there are lots of leftups of uninstalled programs.
Although I do think that's quite impressive for a windows system to reach the limit even if it has been running for years and not mantained correctly.