[REQ] Snow docks

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [REQ] Snow docks

Post by Merlin »

I'll see what I can do Reid. I should be able to copy meways technique and use a real paint program and not destroy the transparency.

@meway USE GIMP FFS you just waste your time doing stuff like this. If anything your the "fcking nub" for not using a correct program. I bet you would write code in MS-Word too. :P
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

MerlinX420 wrote:I'll see what I can do Reid. I should be able to copy meways technique and use a real paint program and not destroy the transparency.

@meway USE GIMP FFS you just waste your time doing stuff like this. If anything your the "fcking nub" for not using a correct program. I bet you would write code in MS-Word too. :P

Thanks Merlin, I will really like (and I'm not alone) to get a good base for Nivalis that can be add in the game when it's needed. =/
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

MerlinX420 wrote:I'll see what I can do Reid. I should be able to copy meways technique and use a real paint program and not destroy the transparency.

I still prefer paint. Any issues there can be fixed using "GIMP" cut and paste options. Also I am not helping with this my art is not acceptable simply because I rub our content director the wrong way. Not because the art is bad or unacceptable.

Also @enchilado sorry I probably could have went about saying what I meant a different way.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Yhea I was able to edit up a variation. Just to see do we want to do here. solid snow? partial snow? or both?
snow_docks.png
snow_docks.png (103.7 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Solid snow, thanks a lot for your help Merlin ^^ If I got a feedback it will be : do the snow more light, its a bit yellow :o

But it look close to be done, thanks a lot :) I will need this tileset for 3 maps....
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

meway wrote:I still prefer paint. Any issues there can be fixed using "GIMP" cut and paste options.
One thing you can not fix that way is partial transparency. Gimp can create PNG images with pixels which are not completely transparent but slightly show the background behind them (alpha channel instead of index transparency). This is something you simply can not do in paint. But it allows for some great effects like dropshadows or anti-aliased outlines of objects.

This feature is used in a lot of images in the existing content. The moment you open and save such an image in paint, these effects are lost.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Crush wrote:
meway wrote:I still prefer paint. Any issues there can be fixed using "GIMP" cut and paste options.
One thing you can not fix that way is partial transparency. Gimp can create PNG images with pixels which are not completely transparent but slightly show the background behind them (alpha channel instead of index transparency). This is something you simply can not do in paint. But it allows for some great effects like dropshadows or anti-aliased outlines of objects.

This feature is used in a lot of images in the existing content. The moment you open and save such an image in paint, these effects are lost.
step 1) open the original image, step 2) cut the effected area, step 3) open new image, step 4) remove effected area, step 5) paste in correctly the effected area.
I use paint for the fact that it is simple. Gimp is a tool that I only wish to use for transparency much like the reasons you said above crush. FYI no FEI I use both gimp and paint get off my back if my art looks good.
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

meway, if for whatever reason you want to stick with the seemingly unkillable paint, maybe you want it's almost by kartell law supressed "successor" paint.
(that link was mentioned allready i saw)
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

bumped for relevance!

Merlin, Meway: what do you think, are your previews done? or does it need some additional changes?
---
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Bump. This needs to be completed to finish the Nivalis expansion area and drop the price of travel to Kaizei from 1000 gp to 500 gp, like most ship travel.
Current character is "Abolish".
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

You will the the docks on nivails?
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

I sure hope so it will be a nice addition to nivalis.