[FND] and tested. HunUbi's First MAP!

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

HunUbi
Peon
Peon

[FND] and tested. HunUbi's First MAP!

Post by HunUbi »

Hi, I imagined a map and I drawed it. I hope you all like it. it have tested on jak1's server ;)

Attachments
house3.png
house3.png (59.36 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
house2.png
house2.png (87.87 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
house1.png
house1.png (81.02 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Re: [FND] and tested. HunUbi's First MAP!

Post by TheBasilisk »

Wow, cool! Where are you thinking of having it in TMW?
Hissssss...
HunUbi
Peon
Peon

Post by HunUbi »

northeast from the magic house. on the upper way. where you search the herbs. :)
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

Nice. I like the flowery area across the bridge.

Have you got any plans for the houses (EDIT: and the cave)?
Hissssss...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sorry, but a map which does not attach to any existing map does not fit into the game.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
HunUbi
Peon
Peon

Post by HunUbi »

Crush wrote:Sorry, but a map which does not attach to any existing map does not fit into the game.
I know, but I dont know how to do that. sorry. jaxad0127 said something about tmxcopy. but hard. somebody can do it for me? :oops:
HunUbi
Peon
Peon

Post by HunUbi »

this is the tmx file. if anyone can do me the tmxcopy, I would thank it
Attachments
terkep.tmx.zip
(8.73 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

First of all, I don't want to give you any false hope. An overworld map which was not planned beforehand has little to no chance to get into the game. Our policy is to plan the world expansion carefully before commissioning maps to ensure that the whole world is consistent and gives a well-conceptualized impression. What I am writing is some critique to help you to become a better mapper and create a better map in the future when there is actually need for one.

1. When I tried to load the map in Tiled it didn't load. I immediately found the reason when I took a look at the file in a text editor. The paths to the tilesets was ../tmwdata/graphics/tiles/. It should have been ../graphics/tiles/. You can avoid this problem by following the hierarchy of the tmwdata and create your maps in its map folder. Was easy to fix with a simple string replace though.
2. I also noticed that you included tilesets like cave_bilevel.png without using them. Also not really an issue, but please avoid this in the future because it is wasting memory.
3. And now for the first really serious problem: As you can see in the mapping guidelines [Link] all maps for TMW need an unwalkable 20 tiles border. The reason is that the scrolling stops when the player character gets close to the map border. We want to avoid this effect to make the player less aware of map limits.
4. Another violation of the mapping guidelines is the map size: Your map is 63x100, the required size for maps in the woodland region is 150x120. Following this guideline is important because it allows to organize the maps in an uniform grid pattern.
5. The woodland village tileset has horizontal fence tiles. You needn't place a row of single pylons to emulate it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.