Scammer ban - RESOLVED

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
User avatar
o11c
Knight
Knight
Posts: 2262
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 22:09
Location: ^ ^

Scammer ban - RESOLVED

Post by o11c » 20 Aug 2014, 02:42

This ban cannot be appealed. Some of the accounts below may be people who fell for the scam, but I am not feeling lenient toward them right now, they make my job a lot harder.
tmwa-admin wrote: Account [COM5] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [kiki] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [anna] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [jandrin] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [legendario] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [jack12] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [lakai81] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [batuing] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [loganx] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [hanna1342] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [ivanshih] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [bastex] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [legenda1] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [legenda3] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [LEGEND] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [nokian78] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [alonso] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [tisam229] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [lolz] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [alansiito] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [hanna321] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [hana123] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [vageron] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [pspgo] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [xperiamini] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [echolink] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [jube] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [marlon12] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [betito33] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin8090] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [neliel] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin123] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo2] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo3] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [boharro] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [angi] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Jefer] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin082] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [bot02] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo4] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [goku222] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo5] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [snackday] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [mystorage] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [scoll03] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [dooom11] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Shishio] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [bella02] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [elmayor] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [lokoloko] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [eriberto] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [MaestroF] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Aliytah] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [anthony809] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [banco] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Coopido] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [pepelepu] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [scammer] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
list of characters on banned accounts wrote: Hey!
Treik
Veim
caza recompensa
kiki_88
anna111
Jandrin
jandrin 2008
LGhosyc
legendario
jackas
Elemnet
bam margera
Bratworst
troli
bombardeo
.bastex
Dislike
vale123
ivanshih
chiribo
fly master
THE craker
infernal
infernal2
AQUILIES
LEGENDs collection
Dominicano
Pirate
ColdBird
Supiour
Doorman
Pirate's Mule 1
Pirate's Mule 2
Pirate's Mule 3
Pirate's Mule 4
bastex
alonso
>>Lucifer<<
Maximo
Rollermen
will.i.am
Hans!
Nostrade
lolz
wizardviolet
The Vale Hop
vale123_Shop
Hitsugaya
Vageron
JaneZ Berbu
22102
SelfMindDestruction
manacool
hehehehe
yayayaay
coolmana
Drgan
Iinkopaca
jjjjiuhh
Jube
X . X
marllon12
Themaster
Arkess
Bouken
TLC~ComunChest
marlon13
baltazard
CaosNeliel
fashion
dragon red
Mumen
Hysoka
Leorio
Sinwey
lololo
mata tigre
alias
Bunnie
mandel
CupTea
RedEyedCoat
Windows 8
Aluminium
BowlCute
GrayHawk
MyNameIsVeryLong
I'mALittleBitOld
WoW-i-Like-You!
YouAreAwesome ^_^
PonyTailBlue
best
vale123.
freemium
angi12
Legend boy
wizard power
Saitama
tokio
Selkis
Pool
zaku
zary
yosmi
breilin
ali123
daemonky
Jake the Dog
Finn The Human
Earl of Lemongrab
Susan Strong
Ice King
Neptr
BMO.
Lumpy Space Princess
lukuyuyu
perros
Tuwind
Siedge
Nessire
SnackDay
exotic man
Drunken Skeleton
Witch Guard
Confused Menhir
muajajaj
exotic woman
Treasure Chest
Treasure Chest 1
Treasure Chest 2
Bansheer
GodOfBeauty
Abii
nagahabliv
Shishio
Banshi
qacsfvhjnkujnhfdcfsdyuh
defredador
jejeju
PhonRage
woonden magic
Greed
pencilBike
Linneo
Mugiwara
Monblanc
~VanessaQueen~
Guetta
jkhsdfs
Goldium
Rubidium
Topazium
Emeraldium
Sapphirium
Lahel
.vale123.
Toshiroo
Amu Hinamori
nukmektar
El Mayor
dsdsaddfg
RedTruck
Mosaico
Playa
Rashel
Nelliel
Estrellita
Perky
Muyhw
Cmbate
Prte
.Pool.
Fernando.
soyan
bonita
coketa
rafelito
brou
PoolViolet
CAOS
P00L
PooI
Kion
Aliytah
Office_Man
caotic
Mr-Talanga
Burbuja
Fuckencia
dragon purple
roster junio
Breilin Shop
Pin Blak
Doty
soyan shop
Pearlium
Poseidonius
lukuyuyu shop
Mucho Cabeseo
brei
Money Easy
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
osakaiba
Peon
Peon
Posts: 6
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 09:19

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by osakaiba » 20 Aug 2014, 03:58

Wow, have banned almost all players I always see.


Today I received a message of this type (attachment)
Attachments
arki2.jpg
arki2.jpg (68.34 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
User avatar
Reid
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1414
Joined: 15 May 2010, 22:39
Location: Artis
Contact:

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by Reid » 20 Aug 2014, 10:04

osakaiba wrote:Wow, have banned almost all players I always see.


Today I received a message of this type (attachment)
Is it possible to translate the bottom part?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Manacool
Newly Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 12:40

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by Manacool » 20 Aug 2014, 10:47

o11c wrote:This ban cannot be appealed. Some of the accounts below may be people who fell for the scam, but I am not feeling lenient toward them right now, they make my job a lot harder.
tmwa-admin wrote: Account [COM5] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [kiki] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [anna] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [jandrin] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [legendario] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [jack12] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [lakai81] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [batuing] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [loganx] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [hanna1342] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [ivanshih] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [bastex] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [legenda1] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [legenda3] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [LEGEND] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [nokian78] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [alonso] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [tisam229] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [lolz] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [alansiito] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [hanna321] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [hana123] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [vageron] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [pspgo] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [xperiamini] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [echolink] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [jube] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [marlon12] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [betito33] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin8090] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [neliel] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin123] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo2] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo3] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [boharro] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [angi] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Jefer] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin082] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [bot02] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo4] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [goku222] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [chrollo5] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [snackday] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [mystorage] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [scoll03] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [dooom11] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Shishio] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [bella02] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [elmayor] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [breilin] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [lokoloko] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [eriberto] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [MaestroF] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Aliytah] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [anthony809] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [banco] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [Coopido] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [pepelepu] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
Account [scammer] state successfully changed in [5: You have been blocked by the GM Team]
list of characters on banned accounts wrote: Hey!
Treik
Veim
caza recompensa
kiki_88
anna111
Jandrin
jandrin 2008
LGhosyc
legendario
jackas
Elemnet
bam margera
Bratworst
troli
bombardeo
.bastex
Dislike
vale123
ivanshih
chiribo
fly master
THE craker
infernal
infernal2
AQUILIES
LEGENDs collection
Dominicano
Pirate
ColdBird
Supiour
Doorman
Pirate's Mule 1
Pirate's Mule 2
Pirate's Mule 3
Pirate's Mule 4
bastex
alonso
>>Lucifer<<
Maximo
Rollermen
will.i.am
Hans!
Nostrade
lolz
wizardviolet
The Vale Hop
vale123_Shop
Hitsugaya
Vageron
JaneZ Berbu
22102
SelfMindDestruction
manacool
hehehehe
yayayaay
coolmana
Drgan
Iinkopaca
jjjjiuhh
Jube
X . X
marllon12
Themaster
Arkess
Bouken
TLC~ComunChest
marlon13
baltazard
CaosNeliel
fashion
dragon red
Mumen
Hysoka
Leorio
Sinwey
lololo
mata tigre
alias
Bunnie
mandel
CupTea
RedEyedCoat
Windows 8
Aluminium
BowlCute
GrayHawk
MyNameIsVeryLong
I'mALittleBitOld
WoW-i-Like-You!
YouAreAwesome ^_^
PonyTailBlue
best
vale123.
freemium
angi12
Legend boy
wizard power
Saitama
tokio
Selkis
Pool
zaku
zary
yosmi
breilin
ali123
daemonky
Jake the Dog
Finn The Human
Earl of Lemongrab
Susan Strong
Ice King
Neptr
BMO.
Lumpy Space Princess
lukuyuyu
perros
Tuwind
Siedge
Nessire
SnackDay
exotic man
Drunken Skeleton
Witch Guard
Confused Menhir
muajajaj
exotic woman
Treasure Chest
Treasure Chest 1
Treasure Chest 2
Bansheer
GodOfBeauty
Abii
nagahabliv
Shishio
Banshi
qacsfvhjnkujnhfdcfsdyuh
defredador
jejeju
PhonRage
woonden magic
Greed
pencilBike
Linneo
Mugiwara
Monblanc
~VanessaQueen~
Guetta
jkhsdfs
Goldium
Rubidium
Topazium
Emeraldium
Sapphirium
Lahel
.vale123.
Toshiroo
Amu Hinamori
nukmektar
El Mayor
dsdsaddfg
RedTruck
Mosaico
Playa
Rashel
Nelliel
Estrellita
Perky
Muyhw
Cmbate
Prte
.Pool.
Fernando.
soyan
bonita
coketa
rafelito
brou
PoolViolet
CAOS
P00L
PooI
Kion
Aliytah
Office_Man
caotic
Mr-Talanga
Burbuja
Fuckencia
dragon purple
roster junio
Breilin Shop
Pin Blak
Doty
soyan shop
Pearlium
Poseidonius
lukuyuyu shop
Mucho Cabeseo
brei
Money Easy

Why did i get banned? what i did?
User avatar
wushin
Borg Queen (Lead)
Borg Queen (Lead)
Posts: 1750
Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 06:56
Location: RiverBest, Brew City, Merica
Contact:

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by wushin » 20 Aug 2014, 12:30

So there is a chance later that this could be sorted out and accounts unbanned?
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
User avatar
prsm
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 1410
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 18:18

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by prsm » 20 Aug 2014, 13:56

just to shed some light:

I received a whisper from Thormanov last night at 23:38 saying they were approached by an alt named Arki2.0 to go to a website. Thormanov sent me a screen shot and i went to Arik2.0. I did not get an ip and witnessed nothing

At 00:27 I was part of the following discussion

[00:10] breilin: beware there is an attempt scammer fraudster
[00:11] sugarQ: what?
[00:11] breilin: wait
[00:11] breilin: i have screenshot
[00:11] breilin: [@@http://subefotos.com/ver/?b9147f7bb93e3 ... 900a3o.png@@]
[00:11] breilin: here
[00:11] breilin: %%i
[00:12] breilin: scammer
[00:13] sugarQ: course we cant click on his link
[00:13] sugarQ: did you try it?
[00:13] Global announcement from Prsm: do not go to outside web sites for free gp or rares in the game, it is a scam
[00:13] breilin: that's the page I wanted to steal [@@http://reclama-tus-acticulos-aqui.es.tl ... s-here.htm@@]
[00:14] breilin: block can steal your account to another almost steal me I'm not that stupid to fall into those things
[00:15] sugarQ: well if something sounds to go to be true, it generally is
[00:16] breilin: Scammers have arrived
[00:19] Prsm: svammers never left
[00:19] Prsm: scammers*
[00:22] Global announcement: Outside websites that claim to offer extra gp or rare items are a scam. Please don't fall for this. Never give your username and password to anyone or any sight.
[00:22] Relm: Who is scamming this time!
[00:22] Prsm: spelled site wrong
[00:22] Relm: Is it that Heinz Guro schmuck again
[00:25] Global announcement: Outside websites that offer free gp or rare items are a scam. Never ever give out your username and password to anyone or any website!
[00:25] breilin: Prsm this scam tries again with another page
[00:25] Prsm: we wont fall for this
[00:26] breilin: [08:13] Money Easy: breilin'm not scammer just want to help you have a lot of money
[00:26] Relm: breilin stop using IE and windows with the default setting of running all executables
[00:26] Serene: with a name like money easy, that's highly suspicious anyways

I went to Money Easy, and this time I got an IP.
I went back to town and reported the activity to the admins that were on IRC.

just a food note, i also was aware that Breilin and Money Easy shared the same IP.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
osakaiba
Peon
Peon
Posts: 6
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 09:19

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by osakaiba » 20 Aug 2014, 13:58

Is it possible to translate the bottom part?
Text of chat:
Thor: Que es es eso que me acabas de dar?
Arki: Es un programa para obtener dinero e items
No mas se puede usar una vez al día
yo tengo 251kk
ke ha funcionado a muchos
le*
a mi me lo dieron y funciono

Thor: Pero eso te pide el pass del juego

Arki: si todo y el usuario pero ahi puedes conseguir items i dinero lo malo es que no puedes conseguir exp :c
Si ya fuera 99 en vez de 67
xD
Si quieres te puedo ayudar a conseguir

Thor: En rusia teniamos a gente que se dedicaba a jugar con tu cuenta, pero no era asi de facil

Text translated:

Thor: What's is it that you just give me?
Arki: A program to get money and items
No more can be used once a day
I have 251kk
that has worked many
le *
I got it and it worked

Thor: But that asks for the pass game

Arki: if all user and items but i can get there money is bad you can not get exp: c
If I where 99 instead of 67
xD
If you want I can help you get

Thor: In Russia we had people who used to play with your account, but it was not that easy
osakaiba
Peon
Peon
Posts: 6
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 09:19

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by osakaiba » 20 Aug 2014, 14:37

I should also say that players "breilin and legendario" suggested to me tell to the moderator about the possible scam. So I'm surprised to see them in the list of banned
breilin0125
Newly Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Aug 2014, 22:27

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by breilin0125 » 20 Aug 2014, 22:41

because I accuse him of being a scammer :alt-2:
breilin0125
Newly Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Aug 2014, 22:27

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by breilin0125 » 20 Aug 2014, 22:49

wow my is banned
osakaiba wrote:I should also say that players "breilin and legendario" suggested to me tell to the moderator about the possible scam. So I'm surprised to see them in the list of banned
User avatar
BlueDogAnchorite
Newly Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Jul 2014, 23:54

Re: Scammer ban: breilin

Post by BlueDogAnchorite » 20 Aug 2014, 23:47

I suppose the "scammed" accounts became scamming accounts themselves. So it's not easy to find the origin - if it even exists anymore. I don't envy o11c.

Never lend your password to a slime :alt-1:
User avatar
veryape
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 556
Joined: 06 Dec 2012, 13:08
Contact:

Re: Scammer ban - ongoing investigation.

Post by veryape » 21 Aug 2014, 03:54

To clear things up.

The accounts listed are being blocked during the investigation of a scam affair.

The listed names are blocked so that nothing can happen while the investigation is going on. At this point of time, none of the names should be considered as the scammer, they are just blocked since we have reasons to believe that they might be compromised and/or in danger of getting looted.

If your name is on that list and you haven't done anything wrong, sorry for the inconvenience but it is a needed security measure, and at the end of the day it is your back we are trying to cover.

We are doing our best to solve this situation as soon as possible.

And just for good measure, let me just say this one more time since it doesn't seem to be able to repeat it one time to many..

Do not share your login credentials with ANYONE!
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Lucifer
Peon
Peon
Posts: 63
Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 15:35

Re: Scammer ban - ongoing investigation.

Post by Lucifer » 21 Aug 2014, 05:48

I am posting this so that other curious people like myself can sate their curiosity without taking the same risk, and also to help educate potential victims of scamming. I visited the above malicious URL (Yes, I was stupid. Don't do this.) Prsm linked and took a screenshot of what the webpage looked like and uploaded it to imgur. The image here is on imgur not the malicious URL so you should be safe simply looking at it. Essentially the scamming site is based in a free website service with very heavy advertising(I was using two ad blockers for that screenshot) that was used to make a form that promises GP and items and requests, albeit in a confusing way, for a player's username and password. This scammer apparently had very little knowledge of programming or even English, but their social engineering tactics worked on a number of players.

Image

So, the first line of defense as a user is to to look at the url. Who is linking it, why, and what do you see inside the URL? It was posted by regular players only, as far as i know, so that means it may or may not be unsafe in that regard. Links posted by, for example, an admin, dev, or GM are relatively more trustworthy, usually. The URL here includes "claim your money items here" - anything like this offering free stuff is some sort of evil scam, ad, whatever. Yahoo toolbar comes to mind...no idea why. There are URL shorteners, such as tinyurl that might redirect to something bad, but you could potentially put preview. before the tinyurl in the domain to make it display the URL before you visit it in some cases.

Next, if you actually visit the site(any site actually), you should ask, "Who runs this site?" This applies to a lot of things, from politicians to news sources to doctors to phishing sites. Official sites for organizations of any decent duration and size are usually pretty darn high in a google search. This isn't even part of any organization - a bad sign. More often scams will include a logo from the website they are seeking passwords from, so beware of that. The person who made the website is clearly not fluent in English and made this website quickly and without much thought.

And lastly, whenever you're giving a password for anything, check at least once that it is to the correct entity. Other players is a no, GMs and Admins won't ask but they would actually be a no, websites not run by the same people for sure and not without invalid security certificates and stuff is a definite no.

Fancier phishers might use .exe files, don't run those...

Oh, disclaimer, I don't represent anyone else, I'm just a player, I might be unintentionally wrong about some stuff.
User avatar
Chapart
Peon
Peon
Posts: 69
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 05:36

Re: Scammer ban - ongoing investigation.

Post by Chapart » 21 Aug 2014, 13:26

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thanks to the investigators for blocking these people and dont let the scammers steal anithing from them, just because i know almost all of the characters in the list and i consider them my friends or kinda.

Good luck with the investigation and if i can help in ani way ill do it, just let me know,

Thanks again,

And here a picture that i stole from Breilin:
1978378_613751135363589_1404551585_o.jpg
1978378_613751135363589_1404551585_o.jpg (177.75 KiB) Viewed 894 times
(I dont know why you taked that picture with you camera lol, you know can use the "P" to take screenshots? xD)

I hope this solves quickly because the users who didnt do anithing are losing their time in game.

Good bye,
And sorry for my english im proudly from South America :D
Hysoka
Newly Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jul 2013, 12:18

Re: Scammer ban - ongoing investigation.

Post by Hysoka » 21 Aug 2014, 20:05

why did you remove it PRSM ?
you know im right, this game is full of <radio_edit>People like me</radio_edit> i hope it dies and im sure it will at this rate
Locked