[Ban] Tranzient and Scrub for AFK botting

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

[Ban] Tranzient and Scrub for AFK botting

Post by WildX »

Tranzient and Scrub were caught attacking Red Slimes while AFK and possibly multiboxing. They failed a botcheck and received a ban. Whether or not this also counts as a failed multiboxing check will have to be discussed by the GM team. I will post a follow-up here as this is the first known case of this kind and we will need to set a precedent.
Spoiler:
ManaPlus_Screenshot.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot.png (378.96 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Note: I count the first "hey guys" as the beginning of my botcheck. My clock was just seconds away from 22:53 in the last message.

TMW Team member

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [Ban] Tranzient and Scrub for AFK botting

Post by Micksha »

Hmm please discuss with the GM team. If there are rules like "Botcheck starts with the message: This is a bot check", and "Botcheck takes 3 Minutes", and "it needs a screenshot during a botcheck where the victims to be banned are visible", I think everybody should stick to these rules quite scrupulous. Ban is a very hard punishment and rules like these should not be there just for fun. Dont turn this into dictatorship but keep transparency for everybody please.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

This discussion should not be in court house, so feel free to split this topic.

I don't think it should be required for a GM to start with a message "This is a bot check". It is quite easy to scan for a message like that, and let the client do something. (make a sound so the owner gets alerted, logout, etc). GM's should be free to do the botcheck however they want, though I do think there should be a general guideline (which there already seems to be).
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

We actually discussed with other GMs that we should be avoiding words like "botcheck" or the name of the player as it could set off highlights that alert afk botters of our presence. The screenshots are not required. It's been said many times that they are just a courtesy that we provide for extra clarity. Screenshots could be easily manipulated and do not count as evidence of anything.

I will leave this discussion here because it's pertinent to this ban and will allow easy access to this precedent in the future. I consider off-topic only if it goes beyond the scope of how and why the ban took place.

TMW Team member

mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Frankly, it's harder than you'd think trying to botcheck somebody who is constantly moving away to another target. Nothing stops anyone from faking a screenshot, we provide those for transparency and to provide context for the ban.

We will not use a particular line to start a botcheck, and we are not required to highlight players by their name at all in that process - if you are at the keyboard, you'd surely see a GM speaking to you whether we use your name or not. If you missed it, that implies you were not at your keyboard WHILE automation was running - the very definition we use to define botting. There are a lot of ways for botters to try and avoid botchecks, and so how we do botchecks reflects that.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Scrub
Newly Registered User

Post by Scrub »

I would like a reset please.
Scrub
Newly Registered User

Post by Scrub »

Ps... Yes we are the same person playing on a pc and a laptop. Tranzient would also like a reset please.
Tranziant
Newly Registered User

Post by Tranziant »

Since the issues with chatting with wushin and another gm about the reset, I request a reset please.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I have unblocked both, please contact a GM next time you log in, to have your levels reset.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!