To prevent abuse

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

To prevent abuse

Post by WildX »

For any Devs, GMs and Admins:

When using non-routine commands, please ensure you use @l to record in the logs the reason why you have used that command. This is not meant to be super-restrictive, if your reason is "I was in a cave alone and I wanted to @spawn a JackO and @summon a Fallen so I could watch them fight to the death" so be it, you're not breaking any rules and at least we know what happened and we can more easily determine how to deal with any abuse reports.

By "non-routine" I mean anything that could be considered abuse in the wrong context. For example, if you're a GM you don't have to justify your use of @hugo every time and if you're an Admin or Dev using @hide we don't particularly care why you did it. Use your common sense, I imagine if you were given these commands you will have common sense.

Any unjustified uses of @item or @zeny will result in the removal of the items and cash you have spawned from your inventory at the discretion of Game Masters.

TMW Team member

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: To prevent abuse

Post by prsm »

there are exceptions to every rule, but here are some general guide lines!
@recall: Should only be used to bring people to botcheck and back to the game from botcheck, or if a player is caught in a glitch. It should never be used for teleporting.

@revive: Should never be used on an individual (I did use it on an event, were everyone was revived)

@goto: If a player is complaining about a glitch or abuse, you can @goto to get to them quickly. Its not a tool to find your friends.

@kick should always be recorded

@block or @ban should always be recorded

@hugo or @linus can be used when ever, no need to record
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: To prevent abuse

Post by prsm »

I am also being asked about @npc, i have to admit i use that command because i cant remember
where half the npc's are!

I use the command and i can tell someone goto tulmhshar, head north ...... you get the idea.

I think this command is safe.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!