I've got banned? For what exactly?

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

I've got banned? For what exactly?

Post by Hello=) »

Right now when I'm trying to log in, server returns "Rejected from server". I wonder why? Have I really managed to be that bad and earned ban? And what ban reason it could be? So I'm sentenced to banishment without even proper trial and judgement? Just shot in the back like that? How come TMW judgement works like this? Just in case I'm known as Hello=) in game.

Most puzzling part? I've been grinding GM log and failed to find anything relevant. Odd.

Even more puzzling: I was able to log in for some moments. Then I got DC. Then I got same error message from server again. Can someone shed some light what the <odd thing> going on? At first glance it looks in between of hackers on server and admins abuse. Or some odd misconfiguration.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: I've got banned? For what exactly?

Post by prsm »

its not a ban that I can see! Its not logged in the gm logs, nor in the auto scripts.

So its something unrelated to a ban or block.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

I can't see anything in GM logs either. However "rejected from server" apparently some new "feature" - and I even managed to connect to server - just to get forced disconnect later and then "rejected by server" has returned. At which point I would think few possible options:
- Some h4x0rz are having fun on server?
- Some admins are having fun on server?
- Some automation makes some pranks, banning me in a weird way. And it should be relatively new change.
- Er, something else I failed to consider?

<del, experiment seems to be wrong>
Last edited by Hello=) on 10 Feb 2020, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Because of abuse in the past, the tmwAthena server is currently configured to reject some ip addresses, including tor exit nodes.
Unfortunately your ip address appears in the Tor Bulk Exit List and so it is being rejected by the tmwa server. If you would rather not expose your actual ip address you can use a VPN service, which we aren't blocking.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Ahh so its just that, server learned to rejec by IPs on its own? I've seen some abusive nut who likely caused "shields up" mode, so I can understand it. Will try to work it around, sorry for inconvenience either...