XJ_RAY for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for XJ_RAY to be the next GM?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 67
Davius
Peon
Peon

XJ_RAY for GM

Post by Davius »

Because I have known XJ_RAY for a while now, I have personally experienced from the very start his generosity and helpfulness towards noobs and kindness to anyone that needs help, so therefore I am suggesting him to this community as the next TMW gm. I know personally that he is courteous, very helpful and generous to everyone. XJ_RAY FOR NEXT GM!
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: XJ_RAY for GM

Post by mistergrey »

First off: I really like XJ_RAY, and he wouldn't make a bad GM. That said - does he even want to be one in the first place?

Also - The reasons you give are good reasons for liking a player, but not necessarily for a GM: A GM's job isn't to help noobs, and be nice, but to moderate and enforce rules.

Not to discourage - Just saying, if you want to nominate someone, give reasons why they will do well in the role, not why people would like them.

Personally, I'll refrain from voting unless he expresses some interest in the position.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I can't say no :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
xj_ray
Peon
Peon

Post by xj_ray »

Firstly I would like to show my sincere appreciations and thank Davius for the nomination.
If players of TMW feel that I have the ability to execute such a position then I would gladly be up for the challenge.
In response to Mrgrey's post, as always he is correct. The role of a GM isn't simply to run around helping Noobs. GM's are the overseers of the game and are there to moderate, help with problems/disputes (if possible) and sometimes punish people disobeying the rules. :D
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

i agree with everything mrgrey says. i have some actuall reasons XJ would make a good GM :P. 1: he is honest
2: he is just a good guy in general.
3: he has been playing TMW for some time.
4: he is online often and is a active player.
5: im sure he would inforce all GM rules.
good luck XJ :wink:
_cky_
Peon
Peon

Post by _cky_ »

I'd like to see him as a GM as he is a very honest, friendly and good person...
and i m sure he could manage a couple of the jerks running around in TMW :twisted:

Nah honestly... i m sure he would be a very good GM... He's in the Game since a long time now and everybody knows him and most people do like him ;)

XJ FOR GM :lol:

Greeeeeeeetz

_cky_
SLIVER
Peon
Peon

Post by SLIVER »

i vote yes!
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

i agree on mrgrey's statement.

I know XJ_RAY since some time now, I think he is really a very nice person, VERY helpful and if not busy in RL he is pretty patient, he listens.
I never saw him breaking any rules, not even had conversations about that other then the rules in general.
He would not favour players, he told me that personally, he would kick/ban a friend would he have to.
but
there are some things that are contra for him and I would like to find out more and think about it a bit before i vote.

just want to repeat at this place: I never vote yes just because someone is my friend, and i never vote no just because i don't like someone. I give it a thought because here we are voting our own kind of police. This is "just a game" but I don't think we should click "yes" or "no" brainlessly, without thinking.

but some questions at XJ_RAY that might be interesting for everyone:
all questions to answer as if you would be gm already
1. What would you do if someone starts trolling and cursing you for no reason?
2. Where do you draw the border between "talking a lot" and "spam"?
3. What if five people whisper you at the same time plus something is happening in front of your nose and you are the only gm online?
4. What are you doing with a troll that you just banned, who just creates characters over and over again to keep trolling?

and those examples are not made up, they happened and happen a lot (just saying).

cu ingame
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

I have not voted. I do not personally know the guy, but, and this is a huge but, the person that nominated him has been caught breaking the rules. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 20&t=11253

I believe in second chances, but it does bring into question why this individual would want him to be gm.

Now, we should not convict him on the fact of what his friends are, but we should be really careful, given how much money he currently has and what his friends do. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 770#p88770. You know what it takes to get over 500 needles? You have to exploit the system, intentionally. Once again, not proving that he is a bad guy, just proving that there is some problems with his character. A person that would exploit a bug in the system that much, maybe should not be in charge of maintaining the system.

Once again only maybe's and should's here, nothing that we can or want to prove.

Now the last problem. Once again nothing big, but it does cast doubt on him, he only has 3 posts on the forums. Now this would not bother me one bit, because only a self hating sadistic idiot would visit these forums on a normal basis.

But give that he is nominated by a guy that has been convicted of botting, has exploited the system for his own personal gain, and has contributed very little in feedback and knowledge into the games forums, we should at least stand back and think about this.

This is not to get everyone to hate him or vote no, just a word of warning. And after talking to him, I could easly change my mind.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

i havent voted unless i see proper reason why to vote yes :)
Last edited by iceslice on 29 Aug 2010, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Post by Mr Anonymous »

being a gm isnt being about a good person, its about enforcing the rules.

Regards, :twisted:
We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive, we do not forget.
we can be horrible, senseless, uncaring monsters.
we are still able to deliver.
Expect us.
Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Post by Mr Anonymous »

DarkWater wrote:I have not voted. I do not personally know the guy, but, and this is a huge but, the person that nominated him has been caught breaking the rules. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 20&t=11253

I believe in second chances, but it does bring into question why this individual would want him to be gm.

Now, we should not convict him on the fact of what his friends are, but we should be really careful, given how much money he currently has and what his friends do. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 770#p88770. You know what it takes to get over 500 needles? You have to exploit the system, intentionally. Once again, not proving that he is a bad guy, just proving that there is some problems with his character. A person that would exploit a bug in the system that much, maybe should not be in charge of maintaining the system.

Once again only maybe's and should's here, nothing that we can or want to prove.

Now the last problem. Once again nothing big, but it does cast doubt on him, he only has 3 posts on the forums. Now this would not bother me one bit, because only a self hating sadistic idiot would visit these forums on a normal basis.

But give that he is nominated by a guy that has been convicted of botting, has exploited the system for his own personal gain, and has contributed very little in feedback and knowledge into the games forums, we should at least stand back and think about this.

This is not to get everyone to hate him or vote no, just a word of warning. And after talking to him, I could easly change my mind.

oh dark water when will you learn, gms can be bots to :mrgreen:

Regards, :twisted:
We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive, we do not forget.
we can be horrible, senseless, uncaring monsters.
we are still able to deliver.
Expect us.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Davius is new here and he made a mistake. Many new people do that. So what? Apart from that he is a nice guy. And he started a gm poll for another nice guy. Very ... nice :P

No really, this poll is about XJ_RAY and not about Davius. Keep that in mind people :)
Don't base your vote on who started the poll but on "who is that XJ_RAY".
If you are not sure, why don't you just try and talk to him ingame?

cu around
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

*nods* very good point leela
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Leela wrote:Davius is new here and he made a mistake. Many new people do that. So what? Apart from that he is a nice guy. And he started a gm poll for another nice guy. Very ... nice :P

No really, this poll is about XJ_RAY and not about Davius. Keep that in mind people :)
Don't base your vote on who started the poll but on "who is that XJ_RAY".
If you are not sure, why don't you just try and talk to him ingame?

cu around
Leela
It is a very annoying habit in which you summarize what other people say.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness