Verdo For GM [candidate asked for locking the thread]

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Verdo for GM?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 80
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Verdo For GM

Post by DarkWater »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
Kurtz wrote:Anyone who has played (actively) for a while knows that verdo would be a great GM
+1

to be honest im not suprised, if you look at most GM suggestions Darkwater has nothing good to say about anyone.
Just funny. I never hear you say anything good about my friends either, so we are even. But the only indicator of future behavior is past behavior. I will not just stand aside and let someone with his colorful background as he has, get whited wash. But as I said, unlike you, which is ready to make broad and generalized statements about people. I am willing to take specific behavior and call attention to it.

Unlike you, I really dont care if I have 100 children following me around, like little lost puppies. The only thing I really care about is the the future of this game, and his past behavior as been troublesome as a normal player, and unacceptable as gm.

Can my opinion change, yes it can. And I encourage anyone that is thinking about voting for him to actually meet him in game and get to know him. As I said before, people make mistakes, I completely understand.

The real question is, why are you soo willing to defend him? Because he is your in game child? Should a gm be a "child" of a normal player?
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

DarkWater wrote:Just funny. I never hear you say anything good about my friends either, so we are even. But the only indicator of future behavior is past behavior. I will not just stand aside and let someone with his colorful background as he has, get whited wash. But as I said, unlike you, which is ready to make broad and generalized statements about people. I am willing to take specific behavior and call attention to it.

Unlike you, I really dont care if I have 100 children following me around, like little lost puppies. The only thing I really care about is the the future of this game, and his past behavior as been troublesome as a normal player, and unacceptable as gm.

Can my opinion change, yes it can. And I encourage anyone that is thinking about voting for him to actually meet him in game and get to know him. As I said before, people make mistakes, I completely understand.

The real question is, why are you soo willing to defend him? Because he is your in game child? Should a gm be a "child" of a normal player?
Anything good about your friends? i barely commented on peoples Gm thread so idk wtf your taking about. we are even? keep this as verdos gm thread not the damn war me and you have been having every single bloody time we confict. 100 children? its acctually 139 :P and they dont follow me around like puppies, theyre called friends i talk to once in a while or hang out with once in a while in game. Verdo isnt my child in game. its called being there for your friends (which you obviously dont know) and what you believe in. verdo is my friend and i believe he will be a great GM. Also Being my child in game didnt stop Alons from being elected GM ;). im not sure if you noticed but i havent been on the game in a bit cause i have been working on things for TAW. you dont care about anything all you like to do is complain and complain and complain some more and put people down in the process. you cant judge someones future actions by their past actions a year and a half ago. anyone who talks to verdo in game would know hes a great guy and helps alot of people out and is respectful to other players. but YOU wouldnt know that cause you judge from the past and not the present.

get over yourself darkwater.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
rodrigo14
Peon
Peon

Post by rodrigo14 »

maybe
I will never surrender
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Chicka-Maria wrote: 100 children? its acctually 139 :P...Verdo isnt my child in game.
It is impossible to have a conversation with a person that will lie to me and everyone on the forums just to try to prove a point.
Chicka-Maria wrote:Chicka-Marias list of children:
97. Verdo
Congradulations to all my children and thank you for helping make such a loving family<3 (yes i typed out all these names)
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... rdo#p95771

What has become clear here is:

1.)He has a checkered past, which is not a reason to vote against.
2.)His friends will out and out lie to you, see above.

Since the only way to tell if he truly changed his ways is to judge his past, ask is current friends, and see what he does in the future. We are now stuck.

His friends, like chicka, will lie and tell you anything to get him elected. If she was willing to just state for the record the truth and move on, things would be different, but her believability that he would truly make a "good gm," is now completely shot.

So for anyone that is voting for him, please meet him in game, get to know him and see how he is to you. While he should be on his best behavior I do believe that what you get now should what you will get in the future. On that note, I never find him in game.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

darkwater wrote:On that note, I never find him in game.
What time are you usually on? afaik, verdo is on almost every day for maybe an hour or more.
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I am abstaining from voting at this point, as there is not an open GM spot.

Concerning Verdo himself, I count him among my friends. He has always been nice, both prior to my GM status and after.

I cannot speak to his past transgressions, so I wont comment about them.

Lets try to keep this thread on topic and avoid attacking fellow posters.
sexy red bearded GM
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Cleaned up the thread again.

Just a reminder that this is a strict moderation forum here; please do not make personal attacks.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

DarkWater wrote:It is impossible to have a conversation with a person that will lie to me and everyone on the forums just to try to prove a point.

Chicka-Marias list of children:
97. Verdo

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... rdo#p95771

What has become clear here is:

1.)He has a checkered past, which is not a reason to vote against.
2.)His friends will out and out lie to you, see above.

Since the only way to tell if he truly changed his ways is to judge his past, ask is current friends, and see what he does in the future. We are now stuck.

His friends, like chicka, will lie and tell you anything to get him elected. If she was willing to just state for the record the truth and move on, things would be different, but her believability that he would truly make a "good gm," is now completely shot.

So for anyone that is voting for him, please meet him in game, get to know him and see how he is to you. While he should be on his best behavior I do believe that what you get now should what you will get in the future. On that note, I never find him in game.
as i said before alons is also on that list and he became a great addition to the gm team.. :roll:
its quite sad you judge someone by his friends, verdo is kind and polite so he has many friends.
lie to everyone on the forums? its called a mistake -_- get over yourself. plus your judging his other friends and comparing them to me when you dont know them obviously.... :roll:

anyone who meets verdo in game will see how responsible, polite, respectful and how much of a great player he is.

good luck verdo!
Yubaba
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

I voted yes (while jacko was munching on my bones )... I've played with verdo a few times in the graveyard. I'm surprised at the amount of negative votes without comments, it almost looks like ballot stuffing.

As for Natsuki, this is the same person who asked me to zip up my server files and send it his way. Others have noted that he's also asked for their account details: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=12585
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

chaslinux wrote: As for Natsuki, this is the same person who asked me to zip up my server files and send it his way. Others have noted that he's also asked for their account details: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=12585
I don't understand the connection to verdo or to this poll, probably it's just me :?
chaslinux wrote:I'm surprised at the amount of negative votes without comments, it almost looks like ballot stuffing.
That's what happens every time DarkWater comments someone's poll. Nothing out of ordinary :)

TMW Team member

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

.:WildX:. wrote:
chaslinux wrote: As for Natsuki, this is the same person who asked me to zip up my server files and send it his way. Others have noted that he's also asked for their account details: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=12585
I don't understand the connection to verdo or to this poll, probably it's just me :?
chaslinux wrote:I'm surprised at the amount of negative votes without comments, it almost looks like ballot stuffing.
That's what happens every time DarkWater comments someone's poll. Nothing out of ordinary :)
She always finds a way to sockpuppet the votes somehow, those no's are probably mostly hers lol.
But hey its a common thing for darkwater.. next time dont be so suprised x]
but yes its still sad that someones poll fails because of this issue.

Regards,
Yubaba
rodrigo14
Peon
Peon

Post by rodrigo14 »

Nop
I will never surrender
Tezer
Peon
Peon

Post by Tezer »

You have my vote verdo,

Ty :) for Tanking for me.

Good luck :) :D :) :) :) :D 8)
The aim of war is not to die for your country but to let the other guy die for his :P
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Verdo has my vote. He's pleasant to chat with and we've hacked up zombies in the graveyard quite a few times. He seems to be very patient.
kai_62656
Novice
Novice
Location: Either somewhere in a place called "Earth" or in TMW

Post by kai_62656 »

People should say why they vote No.
kai_62656, level 92