Villain for GM!

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you think Villain should be GM?

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes: 78
JatLee
Novice
Novice

Re: Villain for GM!

Post by JatLee »

I simply voted NO because i lend my crown to him :( .
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote: No. The voting for Prsm had to be repeated because too many people did.

Well, in this case I don't think that this is necessary, because the result is clear enough.
you surely speak about mrgrey 's GM poll :)

btw I wonder why Prsm was the only one to be "punished".

I vote no until My friend Villain says if he wishes to be a GM or no and answers usual questions.
No matter who created this poll.
Cordially
Nard
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ah sorry, my bad. I mean the poll for mrgrey, of course. Fixed in original post.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Milla
Peon
Peon

Post by Milla »

Kandiman wrote:Voted no. I simply can't support a guy who's half-naked in public all the time. :shock:
That's exactly why i voted yes.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Milla wrote:
Kandiman wrote:Voted no. I simply can't support a guy who's half-naked in public all the time. :shock:
That's exactly why i voted yes.
Hm. I agree with both of you, so I've now split my votes: one yes, one no.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

Villian isnt ready to be gm, YET!
Needs more time his self thinking about the bad things he do, and he must decide what is good and bad >.<.BTW DONT EVER KILL ME AT THE TERRANITE CAVE WHILE I'M FIGHTING MONSTERS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!.
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

cardmaster wrote:Villian isnt ready to be gm, YET!
Needs more time his self thinking about the bad things he do, and he must decide what is good and bad >.<.BTW DONT EVER KILL ME AT THE TERRANITE CAVE WHILE I'M FIGHTING MONSTERS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Congrats you've now assured the fact that you will die everytime he logs in
Last edited by Big Crunch on 11 Nov 2011, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
sexy red bearded GM
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

love all the reasons to vote yes/no :lol: :lol: :lol:
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

I don't need more time to think about the bad things I do, those come naturally.

*goes to the terra caves*
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

Best GM poll ever.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

all the disagree(ers) are happy
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Nard wrote:
Crush wrote: No. The voting for Prsm had to be repeated because too many people did.

Well, in this case I don't think that this is necessary, because the result is clear enough.
you surely speak about mrgrey 's GM poll :)

btw I wonder why Prsm was the only one to be "punished".

I vote no until My friend Villain says if he wishes to be a GM or no and answers usual questions.
No matter who created this poll.
Cordially
Nard
I have already explained why Prsm got punished, he is a GM, GMs are supposed to obey the rules strictly, as they are examples of good conduct for other players to follow.

Regards.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Platyna wrote: I have already explained why Prsm got punished, he is a GM, GMs are supposed to obey the rules strictly, as they are examples of good conduct for other players to follow.
I agree of course, but I asked why Prsm was the ONLY one to be punished; and as far as I know part of developers are GM40, 80 or 99 too. Shouldn't they obey the same rules, and be examples too? I think it is not actually the case for very few of them.

Cordially yours
Nard
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Nard wrote:
Platyna wrote: I have already explained why Prsm got punished, he is a GM, GMs are supposed to obey the rules strictly, as they are examples of good conduct for other players to follow.
I agree of course, but I asked why Prsm was the ONLY one to be punished; and as far as I know part of developers are GM40, 80 or 99 too. Shouldn't they obey the same rules, and be examples too? I think it is not actually the case for very few of them.

Cordially yours
Nard
GM's are supose to know the rules well since they are the ones keeping the law and making sure they are being followed.

only some Devs have @gm40 but for development not for keeping the rules. But this gives them no right to make excuses.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

• Developers have a GM level 40, not all developers have a GM level though. This is for development purposes.
  • All Game Masters have a GM level 60. This is to keep the rules enforced in game. They are allowed to ban d players andevelopers, but this isn't likely since developers with a GM level are trustworphy.
  • All administrators have a GM level 99. This is handy when the game has a huge problem. Platyna hosts the game so she has full rights to have a GM level 99.
  • There isn't anyone that has a GM level 80! This is for Event Coordinators only and we would need to brainstorm that idea before even thinking of adding one in game.
This is what I think is currently in game, I might be wrong.
Regards,
Ali-G