[REJECTED] Chicka-Maria for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree Chicka-Maria should be a GM?

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes: 81
argul
Novice
Novice

Re: Chicka-Maria for GM

Post by argul »

cody wrote:I voted no because:
  • We already have 5 GMs. And having too many people with GM super power would be bad for roleplaying. GMs are too important to have too many of them.
  • You did throw a tantrum when the interpretation of the "no botting" rule changed to include auto-follow. And now just a couple of weeks later you want to enforce that rule?
totally my points
---
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

5 gms but only 3 are very active...
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Still no. I love the fact that she decided to dump the old topic, claiming it was sock puppet, which could have happened. What she is really doing is trying start a clean topic with out bring up the problems with her assorted past.

I would request that the old topic be reopen, the vote zero out, because the arguments in the old thread still apply to the new poll.

Someone should not be able to spam the GM voting section until they "get it right". To allow someone to just completely and randomly start new topics over and over again until they get what they want is not you do a good job at electing anything.

For those that do not know, Chicka has a very checkered past with almost anyone here. There is a reason that her old poll went so far south that she had to "engineer" a new topic.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Well I guess this makes Chicka-maria a true GM candidate! Darkwater never wastes her time on the "has beens"!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

prsm wrote:Well I guess this makes Chicka-maria a true GM candidate! Darkwater never wastes her time on the "has beens"!
:lol:
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

I voted yes, I think Chica-Maria would be a great, fun, fair/honest GM.
We currently have at least one inactive GM ...Tiana? away for sometime... and I see Narus infrequently also.
We need 5 Active GM's IMO.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

I'll point out that questioning a new rule's purpose, and having some sentiment or personal opinion about it, does not mean someone is terribly unfit to be a GM. Honestly, I would vote no for anybody who would not be willing to question something they don't believe is right, even if put out there by an authority figure. Yes, respecting the rules is necessary, but using critical thinking is important in my opinion. This does not mean I think she was always in the right in how she did so, but I do appreciate when people ask "why" about an issue/rule/change, rather than pointing a finger at any group they can think of and claiming it was done for the wrong reasons. Logic > Assumption, every time.

DarkWater: You did agree her other poll could have indeed been sockpuppeted, and we all know that's far from an uncommon thing in these polls lol. In other cases people got to open a new poll, so how is she spamming GM topics with this one?

I have to say, you still post here despite not playing (that I know of), so why not ever visit and discuss your thoughts in game on occasion?
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

@Chicka: You are a funny and helpful player but in this case I will say no. If you get elected I will gladly work with you as GM, but my personal opinion is that, sorry.
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Post by OnymA »

Edit: Original Post deleted/ "hate" removed, sorry x)

Since i am not one of the earthlings on Platynas planet, i don't care anymore, just stopping by and laughing like a hyaena
Last edited by OnymA on 12 Jan 2012, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
*wool producing*
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Everyones entitled to a vote and an opinion, for players as narus or anyone for that matter decide to vote no that is their choice and right as a player. I do not wish hateful words to people who speak what they think about in this poll.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Syzlack
Novice
Novice

Post by Syzlack »

As Chicka said everyone has his own opinion, personal I think that she will be a good GM, I know for her a while and I know for sure that she's very gentle and down to earth also I was satisfied and how she takes other people's constructives critics or not... second thing is that she's a very active player, I don't know how much time other GMs spend invisible but as far as I know chicka is there all the time.

I will simply vote YES because she will be an excellent GM. So chicka you got my back ! :wink:

Regards,
Syzlack
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Syzlack wrote:she's a very active player, I don't know how much time other GMs spend invisible but as far as I know chicka is there all the time.
Syz got a very good point, some peoples like Chicka are well know from the player community from their presence in game but also from their knowledge of the game.
This last is also an other good point that I did not seen said previously.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

argul wrote:
cody wrote:I voted no because:
  • We already have 5 GMs. And having too many people with GM super power would be bad for roleplaying. GMs are too important to have too many of them.
  • You did throw a tantrum when the interpretation of the "no botting" rule changed to include auto-follow. And now just a couple of weeks later you want to enforce that rule?
totally my points
I don't agree with first point. Having maybe 2 more GMs would only make the load of actual ones lighter. And actual GMs are strictly respectful about roleplay.
On the second point I am sure that a lot of GHP members didn't agree with the "follow rule", simply because they used auto follow as most players did or because they used bots; having an opinion that differs from the rule doesn't mean that you don't follow it.
I vote no because I think Mom is sometimes too fast on her judgments and definitive in her opinions (about people), and thus can make some big mistakes. I don't want to see her making such one as a GM.
I vote no because if wee need extra GMs, they should be now chosen among european, asian, or australian players. 5 on american continent is far enough.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Nard wrote: 5 on american continent is far enough.
well it's needed there. Europeans can behave, can't they? ;)
---
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

argul wrote:
Nard wrote: 5 on american continent is far enough.
well it's needed there. Europeans can behave, can't they? ;)
don't they? ;)
(sorry for the short one Crush )
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.