[REJECTED] Chicka-Maria for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree Chicka-Maria should be a GM?

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes: 81
Milla
Peon
Peon

[REJECTED] Chicka-Maria for GM

Post by Milla »

I would like to nomminate Chicka-Maria again, since her last poll was closed being invalidate.
Let's give another chance to Chicka, she deserves it. She can be a good GM : she is involved, mature and fair, and she sure can handle people who yell, brag and troll without getting nervous. She knows well the community, shes easy to get along with.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Chicka-Maria for GM

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I would like to say thank you to milla for your nomination :) Its a brand new year and its time to have fresh starts. I closed my last poll because it was from 2010 and full of sockpuppetry, other then those i have matured greatly since then as well.
Thanks for the votes (even if you voted no)

Have a happy new year :wink:
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
adoolah2
Peon
Peon

Post by adoolah2 »

Meh sure why not i voted yes
Last edited by adoolah2 on 02 Jan 2012, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

I voted :mrgreen:
good luck chicka
.QUTA.
Peon
Peon

Post by .QUTA. »

Goood luck Grandma i hope you will be a GameMaster! :)
and a Happy New Year all!
McAffe: Unstolzer Windof besitzer
Ichimaru Leon
Peon
Peon

Post by Ichimaru Leon »

i vote yes... :D :D
she is nice person..
good luck chicka..!!
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

EDIT: Chicka-Maria's behavior has greatly improved, +1 for her!
Last edited by Alige on 05 Jan 2012, 19:29, edited 2 times in total.
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

You owe me Chicka. :wink:

PS. Have fun with the stick reinboo. :lol:
verdo
Peon
Peon

Post by verdo »

I voted yes.

Why? Because I believe she would do a good job as a GM, duh :P.

I've known Chicka for a while now and find her to be a faithful, true and trustworthy player and I know she would do a job well done as a GM.
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

I voted yes because Ali-G voted no.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
TeZeR.D
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by TeZeR.D »

Hell yes.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Well, I've voted yes because I know Chicka-Maria for a long time. She's good and reliable person, who has an experience of GMing. I think she'd be good and friendly GM, and if I think so, it's true.

Uhm, where's my sarcasm...

Cheers, dark
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

In general, Chicka-Maria is pretty friendly, willing to help answer questions or help do quests, etc, and has a pretty decent sense of composure when being trolled. Since being a GM, I've realized that this quality is much more important than people think. I'm not saying she has no room for improvement there, but most of us do.

She has a strong sense of wrong and right, and of fairness in general, and has never hesitated to speak up about things she believes are not fair, even directly to the people responsible. Sure this sense can be biased somewhat, and most peoples' are, but I do not believe she would abuse commands at a whim over something upsetting her, or use them to favor specific players.

While I say this whole-heartedly, and have included my reasons from my perspective of being a GM, please take this for what it is - a fellow player pointing out traits I think could work to her advantage if she got the votes needed to be considered.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

#ignoranceON
How can I vote in this poll?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
----
Thanks, Chicka-Maria ;)
#ignoranceOFF
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Chicka-Maria wrote:1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?

In my opinion the best way to help a new player is to guide them to what they have to do, rather then doing it for them. This allows them to enjoy the game more and get more involved in what they are accomplishing. Also make sure they understand what they must do or explain it to them.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?

Nobody, Items are not to be spawned and there are no favors for anyone at any circumstances.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:

-botting
-Insults (can switch with number 1 if it doesnt stop right away)
-Spamming (is usually the case in english or not in english)
-Not speaking english in public
-advertisement for other servers
-scamming

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

I would tell them its part of the rules and insults are not appropriate, if they wanted they can ask about it or make a complaint on the appropriate fourm. If they continue to insult the rule applys to them as well.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.