[REJECTED] Chicka-Maria for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree Chicka-Maria should be a GM?

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes: 81
Kansu
Peon
Peon

Re: Chicka-Maria for GM

Post by Kansu »

I vote yes, Chicka is a nice girl :)
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

Few more votes, of course if the 'No' vote increase she would need more 'yes' votes.
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

My vote for Chicka-Maria is no. I have casually known her for some time, and I have seen some behaviors that did not please me. I agree that people can grow and mature, but at this time I am not willing to risk the reputation of the GM team by voting yes for her.
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Tiana wrote:My vote for Chicka-Maria is no. I have casually known her for some time, and I have seen some behaviors that did not please me. I agree that people can grow and mature, but at this time I am not willing to risk the reputation of the GM team by voting yes for her.
Hi Tiana,
I respect your opinion, but by saying voting for me risks the reputation of the GM team is a bit much isnt it? Honestly, you're not online very often and i dont think you can see or judge how i behave, so i dont think you're in a great position to see how much I may have improved my behavior since the times you're talking about(or when you were online often). If you have any specific problems though, feel free to talk to me about them. :)

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I voted no, but hesitated to explain why, because I will not provide evidence to support my statements. I don't have information about IP addresses or other "hard facts." Even if I had hard information, I strongly believe that in a role-playing game, the "real identity" of characters should be protected.

Chicka-Maria (the character) is helpful, friendly, fun, and generally very sweet. I would vote in a heartbeat for that character.

In fact, I do like Chicka (the person). She's a caring person who's involved in the game and has contributed in many ways: to game content, in guilds, and in conversation around the game.

Unfortunately, I've seen quite a few situations where she used alts to cause or inflame arguments in town, tell stories about Person X to Person Y while telling a different story to Person X, and generally behave in rather unpleasant ways. Those situations don't happen often, but after witnessing several such incidents, I believe she tried to play specific people off against others to cause real personal enmity.

If someone uses gossip to create conflict between real people, they should not have the ability to identify those people's secret alts. If someone tries to set up other people to get banned from the game, they should not also be in a position to impose bans.

[edited to clarify that I like her, just not as a GM-type]
Last edited by Frost on 24 Jan 2012, 01:35, edited 2 times in total.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Frost wrote:I voted no, but hesitated to explain why, because I will not provide evidence to support my statements. I don't have information about IP addresses or other "hard facts." Even if I had hard information, I strongly believe that in a role-playing game, the "real identity" of characters should be protected.

Chicka-Maria (the character) is helpful, friendly, fun, and generally very sweet. I would vote in a heartbeat for that character.

Unfortunately, I've seen quite a few situations where the same person used alts to cause or inflame arguments in town, tell stories about Person X to Person Y while telling a different story to Person X, and generally behave in rather unpleasant ways. Those situations don't happen often, but after witnessing several such incidents, I believe she tried to play specific people off against others to cause real personal enmity.

I've also seen the person use "secret alt" forum accounts to inflame conflict and set up others to take the blame.

If someone uses gossip to create conflict between real people, they should not have the ability to identify those people's secret alts. If someone tries to set up other people to get banned from the game, they should not also be in a position to impose bans.
Hi frost,
I respect for your vote because you have the right as in anyone else does but i have a few problems with your post there.
The only forum account i have used in 2011 other than chicka-maria is Yubaba which most people know i am yubaba(feel free to ask for ip checks). I have not used yubaba to stir conflicts on the forum nor in game. I simply did not want my main character to be looked at as a developer until i was ready. Which i dont think is wrong at all. As in storys in town, you can request an IP check on my characters if you would like because i wouldnt waste my time telling people storys about my characters...thats just wrong and stupid. I dont turn situations between people bad for i dont enjoy arguments, and its their buissness not mine they argue with people for their own problems not because someone else tells them to. the only "secret alt" forum account i had was again Yubaba for development. I have had alts in the past that may have been in the middle of conflict between me and a developer, but i had spoken to someone from GHP and we talked about that and it was a 50/50 fault between the argument.
(also you can maybe request an IP check on the characters i have been on in the past year which i think has already been done if you would like cause i dont think the characters you are talking about are me)

If you have anymore problems please bring it to my attention.
Hope this straightens things out a bit. :wink:
Regards,
Yubaba
Immune
Peon
Peon

Post by Immune »

I agree with frost. IP checks have been made apparent. I will respect that it was a private conversation between the group. My vote once again remains no.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Immune wrote:IP checks have been made apparent. I will respect that it was a private conversation between the group.
Hi Meway, The ip check hasnt been made apparent. nor havent about my characters, but i insist about the ip check. :)

Regards,
Yubaba
Immune
Peon
Peon

Post by Immune »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
Immune wrote:IP checks have been made apparent. I will respect that it was a private conversation between the group.
Hi Meway, The ip check hasnt been made apparent. nor havent about my characters, but i insist about the ip check. :)

Regards,
To me and the participents of #tmw-private yes it has.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Immune: You know that doesn't answer any questions whatsoever, so why bother? lol... She requested an IP check in regards to what Frost said about her telling stories about herself with alts, or whatever the case is... I saw the IP check you refer to and it doesn't really answer any question that I know of.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Meway/Immune: if you are reffering to the incident with a developer i had it was taken care of not in tmw-private but in another chat with a person from GHP. So i dont think you really have the right to accuse. You also dont know the whole story, you just assumed. Also it is explained in my post for frost.
If you have questions feel free to ask on irc to clear it up.
:wink:

regards,
Yubaba
Immune
Peon
Peon

Post by Immune »

I voted No :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: stop winking damn it.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

After speaking with Chicka at some length, and after careful thought, I believe the concerns I posted earlier were inaccurate. I'll try to clear the air.
Frost wrote:I voted no, but hesitated to explain why, because I will not provide evidence to support my statements. I don't have information about IP addresses or other "hard facts."
After our conversation tonight, I am less confident those characters were Chicka.
Unfortunately, I've seen quite a few situations where she used alts to cause or inflame arguments in town, tell stories about Person X to Person Y while telling a different story to Person X, and generally behave in rather unpleasant ways.
The incidents that come to mind were more than a year ago. Whether or not my memory is accurate, I don't believe Chicka would do such malicious things now.
This evening, I asked her directly about one such incident where I believed she tried to set up another player (lamb) to be banned after he was warned for misbehavior. She explained that lamb is a friend and she would not do such a thing. I believe her. Clearly I misunderstood the situation.
In fact, I do like Chicka (the person). She's a caring person who's involved in the game and has contributed in many ways: to game content, in guilds, and in conversation around the game.
I still think she's a great person. I still can't vote for her as GM. I certainly don't wish to wrongly accuse anyone of doing terrible things.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Post by OnymA »

...to set up another player (lamb) to be banned after he was warned for misbehavior...

"i don't misbehave and i am not manipulable, you frosty whore!", lamb would say, but lamb is dead :lol:
*wool producing*
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Post by OnymA »

Well, i guess my opinion on this is well....
Guess i am the reason why you need GMs X)

But even if Chicka becomes a GM and automatically an enemy to me , i feel its somehow right to vote yes for her.
I shared my some of my dark thoughts with her, and she didn't agree with me, but instead of pushing me back, she is always nice, a friend. She has the ability not only to reveal things she also knows how to handle it, she is brave, open-minded, a good listerner, she is very present and very active, she doenst judge based on what others say, she finds out herself, independent, has a big heart for the lost ones, she is someone who cares! And she makes you laugh, smile and feel better about yourself, when noone else is there. She has the unique ability to find solutions instead of creating problems, an emotional-high-intelligent person.
*wool producing*