Derpella for GM!

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Derpella to become a GM?

Yes.
42%
No.
58%

Total votes: 52
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Derpella for GM!

Post by mistergrey »

Nitpicking over each others' posts will only waste time in better spent discussing this poll. Yes, anybody can have any opinion they wish, even GM candidates. It is also true though, that these stated opinions can be what convinces others to vote no, and that is true for things that the candidate says, as well as anyone who comments in the polls. Critical comments are not useless, especially as most who vote no choose not to include a reason, so please remember this when replying to one.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Oh...
It is hard for me to follow and reply since I am in a place with a very bad reception of mobile Internet...

To Chicka: I think it's only natural to be careful towards a person which you had tensions with earlier. And you are aware we had many tensions before. And with your good sense of self-criticism you have developed as an artist, you sure are aware it wasn't exactly one-sided ;)
I really don't want to start discussions about our past arguments, and my words you quoted, were meant to mean it. This, not getting all offended and defensive, which as I believe is a definition of "getting things personally" :)
This is the stuff no one but you and me cares about. If you want to discuss it, we can take mr gris as a negotiator and go with it on IRC :)

Nard, I know you wanted to do me good, but the reception of your claims was negative :) I do not wish to comment on Chicka ad personam, especially focused of her GM poll, since it would lead to even more nitpicking, tensions and off-topic discussions. And, as mrgrey stated, I am afraid this tactic would discourage people of explaining why they voted "no".
I'm Image too much.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

It seems that my English is too bad and that you did not understand me, so to be perfectly clear:
  • Expressing different opinions that differ from GHP or actual GM doesn't mean that someone (including Derpella or or Chicka) would not be able to be a GM.
  • Having an issue or argument with someone does not mean by itself that someone (including Derpella or Chicka) would not be able to forget it when applying rule as a GM.
Chicka was only quoted as an example because the same reproaches were made to her and she answered rightfully the same as me. Her signature quotation was taken because everyone can be wrong (including Derpella, Mom and me). The problem comes with error persistence.
Marcus Tullius Cicero wrote:Cuiusvis est errare: nullius nisi insipientis, in errore perseverare
unknown wrote:Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum
(Pope's saying is less aggressive, thus i prefer it)
Titus Livius wrote:Venia dignus est humanus error
Thus I do apologize if my former post was understood as a Chicka criticism. It was not my intention. I think that you understood my post behind what I wrote.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

I talked with one person, who said that had doubts, but it felt awkward just coming and talking to me...

So I made formspring account, where you can ask questions anonymously: http://www.formspring.me/derpella

Ask me questions if you are not sure about your vote.
Keep it game/GM duties related, please...

(damn, I will probably regret it :D)

Oh, after asking a question it asks you to log in, but you can press x, the question would be already sent.
I'm Image too much.