Derpella for GM!

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Derpella to become a GM?

Yes.
42%
No.
58%

Total votes: 52
Villain
Novice
Novice

Derpella for GM!

Post by Villain »

I hereby nominate Derpella for GM. She knows everything and would rule with an iron fist. I support her GM campaign, *donates 1kk GP*
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Re: Derpella for GM!

Post by cardmaster »

-----
Last edited by cardmaster on 09 Mar 2012, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

OK.
I am done with tricky nominations. All people keep talking,how the polls are about a person. Please, Manawordlians, prove it to me, that it's not about who nominated, with which words, but about if you think a person is suitable, or not.

1. I am often in the hours uncovered by GM's.
2. I am a fresh blood. GM's are not only the keepers of the rules, but also representatives of people in GHP. I am friends with very various people. I know what are the feelings of normal players, not only the North American 99'ers. This could be a real change. I am female, European, not a native English speaker. You need it.
3. From the other hand, I have no problem to talk with People Of Power. I always say what I think straight, but I care not to make the fight for some game elements getting personal.
4. I have a huge experience with dealing with people online. I was a moderator on a really big forums. You can say "well, this is not the same". Believe me, it is. And unlike current GM's I can deal with the kiddos.
5. Some trolls are very unhappy with things I wrote, about the need of bigger strictness. You must understand. If you are a white guy, some "politically incorrect jokes" can seem cool, edgy, and not really offensive. Sometimes even the have delusion of "protecting free speech". However, it is a big "screw you" for the people whose race, gender, orientation, is a butt of it.
The other thing, when I see GM's behaving like a good uncles to 12-year old spammers, I just...

So. Read this post and vote as you like.
I'm Image too much.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

cardmaster wrote:If you voted for Chicka i would vote :3
This poll is nothing about me, vote on your opinion about derpella. :)

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

She got my voice.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Derpella wrote:And unlike current GM's I can deal with the kiddos.

The other thing, when I see GM's behaving like a good uncles to 12-year old spammers, I just...
You know I like you, and support your nomination... but when a large chunk of your first comment here is pretty much saying that we need you because you're Not American, and Not male... not to mention, pointing out what you believe to be flaws of "too lenient" GMs, to favorably compare yourself.. This doesn't really say much of anything about You in particular, on top of coming off a bit abrasively.

Bottom line: You should be able to get votes, on your own merits, not because of your region, or because of what you perceive to be the downfalls of others in the position of GM. I fully believe you're capable of this, I just think you didn't use a very effective opening comment here.

My suggestion: Try talking more about yourself - that you know the game, show how you could be capable of putting your personal feelings about what people say aside, to act fairly and impartially, and also that you can accept your own limitations even as a GM - surprisingly, the hardest part is often the times where you are Not supposed to act, when you truly feel inclined to. Try not to take this as criticism - or, just take it constructively, and use it effectively to win yourself some votes :P.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Thank you :)

Yes, my post was aggressive. I was trollnominated again and I meant to show that I will fight this time.
Yes, some of my friends are North American 99'ers. But because I actively try to help newbies, I met many of the most different people. I have a wide view of what lower level players want. I also know french-speaking community well.
I play for more than half of year. I played few years ago, but left. I know the atmosphere of TMW well. Some of people I met in my guild are like very real life friends to me.
I always tried to be active. Because I am not good with pixelart nor coding, I translated manaplus for my language, helped with testing tmw and official client a bit, created TVTropes article.
And, as I said earlier, I have experience.
I'm Image too much.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

I know Derpella since 10 months. She is a nice and just person. Derpella speaks a fluent English language.

My opinion is: She gets the experience to be GM and she can treat any problems as Gm :!:

Regards,

Johanne Laliberté
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

i didnt know deprella was a girl :o
Last edited by cardmaster on 09 Mar 2012, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I support Derpella for GM:
  • She is a very nice, frank, fair, and cheerful person.
  • She knows how to help with much efficiency.
  • She is able to forget her own feelings when common interests requires it.
  • She is able to keep calm even when under aggressive behaviour (and after too).
  • She speaks English very well.
  • She has a good sense of humour.
  • She is able to say "I don't know" when she doesn't know.
  • She is able to apologize when she was wrong.
  • She accepts to be a GM more to help than to get some kind of recognition.
  • She is faithful in frienship.
these are my main criterions. I may add that she is a good player, and that I never saw her break any game rule "stricto sensu " as in "common sense".
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

Nard wrote:I support Derpella for GM:
  • She is a very nice, frank, fair, and cheerful person.
  • She knows how to help with much efficiency.
  • She is able to forget her own feelings when common interests requires it.
  • She is able to keep calm even when under aggressive behaviour (and after too).
  • She speaks English very well.
  • She has a good sense of humour.
  • She is able to say "I don't know" when she doesn't know.
  • She is able to apologize when she was wrong.
  • She accepts to be a GM more to help than to get some kind of recognition.
  • She is faithful in frienship.
these are my main criterions. I may add that she is a good player, and that I never saw her break any game rule "stricto sensu " as in "common sense".
Agreed
Last edited by cardmaster on 09 Mar 2012, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

I voted yes because she is a frequent player. She is nice to others, she's been around for a while and can be helpful. And yes, the fact that she is online at times that are not covered by Gms is important. Good Luck!
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Derpella you've got my vote and I would love to see you as our new GM .
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

This thread is a big disaster, but thank you very much for your nice words :D
I'm Image too much.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »