tux9th

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for tux9th to become a GM?

Yes.
79%
No.
21%

Total votes: 47
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Re: tux9th

Post by DarkWater »

Oh...eeekkkkk....it is darkwater!!!!!

I really don't see the point of having another gm, given the low player count, but that is up the powers that be. I see no reason that would clearly disqualify him/her has a gm. I would only ask that they would be impartial in ALL decisions. You, tux9th, will have to ban a close friend as quickly as you would ban a complete stranger. If you are not willing to do that, then you need to have this thread close.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

First: hey! DW long time not seeing you! I miss you :)

Second: I think we need to clarify something, the number of players is lower now you are right, but the active GMs are less too, you will see 2, tops 3 active GMs lately if we are in a lucky day, real life is demanding a lot of some of us now, so we do need help. A new GM if active is more than welcome among us at this moment.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Hey Darkwater I don't think that anyone can be that impartial that they judge people they like different than people they do not like or do not know. If I were to say that I could judge anyone just the same I think I would be lying. I think of GMs as Judges. Even judges who do that for a living who are payed to be impartial have personal conflicts and recuse from some cases. So I think GMs have the same rights. That's why there are more than one GM.
If I have a complicated decision to make I can always ask for advice from any other GM. So if I wasn't sure how to act on something I would ask someone who maybe isn't close to this person for advice.

Nevertheless I feel that I could punish anyone however close they are to me. I once reported a friend to Prsm who then perma banned him. It wasn't a very pleasant situation but I didn't know what else to do. Rules are rules and whoever breaks them is to be held responsible for his actions. I would act on that whoever I am dealing with.
I feel I am up for it otherwise I wouldn't have volunteered.

greets tux9th
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Given that the player count is soo low and I think that 60 votes yes will be an impossible number for this community reach, 60 votes was hard enough with 3 times the players. I ask the admins to consider the above candidate as passed and move to final consideration. It is very unlikely, given the low player numbers that anyone could get 60 yes votes. He/she has 30 votes, that should be considered enough.

DW.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

DarkWater wrote:Given that the player count is soo low and I think that 60 votes yes will be an impossible number for this community reach, 60 votes was hard enough with 3 times the players. I ask the admins to consider the above candidate as passed and move to final consideration. It is very unlikely, given the low player numbers that anyone could get 60 yes votes. He/she has 30 votes, that should be considered enough.

DW.
I totally agree with you.
I wasn't here when serious GM canditature has been made, but as i've read on forums, it seems that really more people voted. Now it seems there are really less players, and even less which vote. It think tux9th's number of votes should be considered as enough too, and that his nomination should go to the next step.

Regards,
Kazenawa
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Moved discussion about voting in-game to http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =4&t=16861
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I voted for tux9th. From what I've seen and spoken to him about, he has his mind wrapped properly around the job. He answered all the questions I had for him in the manner i had hoped he or any candidate would.

tux9th for GM
sexy red bearded GM
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Big Crunch wrote:I voted for tux9th. From what I've seen and spoken to him about, he has his mind wrapped properly around the job.
I voted yes for tux9th, but I held off voting until I had a chance to see him doing something other than sitting in town. One of the things I liked about Prsm was that he was a nice player before being a GM. I find the same seems to be true of tux9th.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

sorry chaslinux I was busy a lot lately :) you know christmas and stuff.
I'll be online a lot from now on.
I hope I'll see you around.

best regards tux9th
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

:lol: I could spam 20 times to vote, but true is that im too lazy to do it.
So i simply say YES YES YES ! ! ! ! :mrgreen:

Now reasons why:
-tux is friendly
-tux will help you if u ask him about it
-tux is in EU timezone
-tux is much online
-ehhmm tux have nice green wizhat

Thats it i hope i sounds resonable :lol:
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I'll vote yes, I want to see the GHP's decision about this GM suggestion. It seems that an European GM is needed, and tux9th seems good enough to fill this job (from what has been said at least ^^).
With my vote, tux9th have 35 yes from the poll, +12votes from peoples which can't vote, but who wrote their aproval in here.

47 "yes" votes, is it enough in regard of the low player community present in the forum?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Anchises
Newly Registered User

Post by Anchises »

tux has helped me on numerous occasions, whether it's a quest, answering questions or leveling. I have seen him be helpful to many other players as well, I can't think of a reason why he/she shouldn't be a GM.
rafalcieslak
Newly Registered User

Post by rafalcieslak »

I am a player who is not active on forums, and therefore I cannot vote in the pool. However, I'd like to express my support for tux9th as a GM, because of his outstanding commitment to players community. It's not that he's helpful and kind, it's because he's always helpful and kind. The time he spends in-game both aiding others and generally taking care all for players to have a great time on the server convinces me he has everthing I am looking for in a GM.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Reid wrote:I'll vote yes, I want to see the GHP's decision about this GM suggestion. It seems that an European GM is needed, and tux9th seems good enough to fill this job
Yes the game needs a GM on European TIME that other GMs are not online, not just a GM because he is European..keep this in mind.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

I agree with Frost, Tux9th is a responsible player and knows the rules very well, he is also very active.

So yes, I vote for him. :)